Thread: Multiple Spots

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Multiple Spots

After almost two and a half years of playing as an AP, I have a silly questions. Personally I always play heads up, often I have to play all, because there are few tables. I play one spot until I reach a TC+1 to open the second spot, but I have read many times here, that many of you wait until you reach a TC+4 to open another spot, and if the count drops close the second spot, What is the right way?

Moreover, I also read, that when you play heads up, you always have to play 1 spot, with 1 or more players always 2 spots, is this correct?

My rules if someone is interested: 6D, ENHC, EAS10, LS, DAS, DOA, R 4hands, 75-80% pen.
    Blackjack will test your soul, your character, and the very fiber of your being.
    Don Schlesinger.

Assuming you are playing table minimum as your minimum bet, the optimal way to play is to spread to two hands when you have an advantage, and play one hand without an advantage.

Some people choose to wait till a higher count to go to 2 hands, in order to reduce heat.

Some people choose to play 2 hands all the time, but this may not work for bankroll reasons for some people.

In shoe games, I am very aggressive about spreading to 2 hands. We don't have enough edge to mess around, you have to bet into those high counts. In a pitch game, I'm more conservative. If I'm playing slash-and-burn (unrated in another part of the country) I'm playing optimally. Otherwise, I may add a hand if it "makes sense" to change the "flow", i.e. the dealer rips a BJ or a 5 card 21, etc.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Assuming you are playing table minimum as your minimum bet, the optimal way to play is to spread to two hands when you have an advantage, and play one hand without an advantage.

Some people choose to wait till a higher count to go to 2 hands, in order to reduce heat.

Some people choose to play 2 hands all the time, but this may not work for bankroll reasons for some people.

In shoe games, I am very aggressive about spreading to 2 hands. We don't have enough edge to mess around, you have to bet into those high counts. In a pitch game, I'm more conservative. If I'm playing slash-and-burn (unrated in another part of the country) I'm playing optimally. Otherwise, I may add a hand if it "makes sense" to change the "flow", i.e. the dealer rips a BJ or a 5 card 21, etc.
    Thanks Moo. When do you open your second spot? TC+1? and when do you close your second spot?
    Blackjack will test your soul, your character, and the very fiber of your being.
    Don Schlesinger.

Heads up you have the option to play 2 spots without penalty. With others you should always play 2 spots when you have an advantage and bet as little as you can get away with in neutral and negative counts