See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best card count for SD or DD?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Best card count for SD or DD?

Which count would you use for single deck or double deck? Planning a trip to Reno soon and wanna hit em big. Also what do you think my chances are winning 5k taking 4k as my bankroll? Any advice is welcome

slim

If you are already using a count system, stick with that. If not, you might want to rethink trying to learn one "soon". You could probably learn KO in 3-4 weeks, but that count is far from optimal for hand-held games.

If you are taking your trip sooner than 3-4 weeks, make sure you learn 1D and 2D Basic Strategy perfectly, absolutely perfectly. Play the lowest minimum game, and don't expect to come home with more than you left with. Basic Strategy is a good foundation for learning advanced strategies, but is not a winning strategy. Get a copy of Playing Blackjack as a Business by Lawrence Revere for a good explanation of Basic Strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    slim
    Figured. I'm up 2k using 1-10 spread thought upping my units would make it more of a chance to win more

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post
    If you are already using a count system, stick with that. If not, you might want to rethink trying to learn one "soon". You could probably learn KO in 3-4 weeks, but that count is far from optimal for hand-held games.

If you are taking your trip sooner than 3-4 weeks, make sure you learn 1D and 2D Basic Strategy perfectly, absolutely perfectly. Play the lowest minimum game, and don't expect to come home with more than you left with. Basic Strategy is a good foundation for learning advanced strategies, but is not a winning strategy. Get a copy of Playing Blackjack as a Business by Lawrence Revere for a good explanation of Basic Strategy.
    I use hi lo. Just wondering if one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikebeastmode View Post
    Figured. I'm up 2k using 1-10 spread thought upping my units would make it more of a chance to win more
    And lose more.

Quote Originally Posted by mofungoo View Post

I use hi lo. Just wondering if one is better.
    Hi-lo and KO has the same performance in hand held games. Unless you are using 150 indices deviations for Hi-lo than Hi-lo will outperform KO-Full indices with the same number of indices slightly according to my simulations.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-10-2015 at 07:19 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I you already use HiLo, keep using it for now. I've used that count for going on 35 years, and I mostly play hand held games.

Learn Kelly Criterion asap before you go broke.
    ~R

Not sure but what you could do is keep a side count of aces using foot positions. Then leave the table if they are dealt early to mid pack. I think that would be just as good as learning a new count. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    My Ability in Blackjack is a Gift from God!!

Just use Hi-Lo. Absolutely no need to learn a new count for pitch. Even learning different indexes is going to be a stretch.
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    Just use Hi-Lo. Absolutely no need to learn a new count for pitch. Even learning different indexes is going to be a stretch.
    UBZ very good system for single or double deck.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Which count would you use for single deck or double deck? Planning a trip to Reno soon and wanna hit em big. Also what do you think my chances are winning 5k taking 4k as my bankroll? Any advice is welcome
    Short Term Plan, In view of the time span you should focus on learning Basic Strategy for each of the two games mentioned and use a small spread. Forget counting at this time, unless you are currently using a system and if so, stay with it for now. Hope that luck is with you!
    Long Term, If Pitch is your preference for the long haul, then I would select HI-Opt II w/Ace Side Count Full Indices, or AOII! You will need to allow yourself 6 to 12 month's of drills and study not just for the Counting system, but other critical aspects of the game. Put more emphasis on other things.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast