See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do regarding this extortion?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

What would you do regarding this extortion?

Recently I encountered a joker. He was joking a lot but no harm done until this.

I had the max out and stayed at my hard 18. Dealer face card is 3. Then when it was his turn, he suddenly turned to me and told me "Give me $50, or I will split my 10's." I called him bluff and told him go ahead that I don't care. He said, "Last chance, I had a feeling that dealer will get to 19 and beat you if I split the tens. Do you want to lost $500 or $50?" The other two people said there is no way he could know that. I said no. Everybody else stayed.

The joker got 10 then another 10, so ends up with two 20. Dealer's down card is 3, then he draw another 3, then 10. Everybody but him lost. He said, "I told you." I still insisted that it is a lucky guess and he doesn't have super power. But if I had paid him $50, dealer would bust it.

Blog Entries

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Sorry, I didn't know it was you.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Banned or Suspended

Is there more to this story, maybe something you are leaving out?

BTW, there is nothing you can do except move to another table, if he then gets up and follows you, all bets are off.

Ouchez

LOL Norm, But that does suck, sounds like he was counting cuz you had max bet out and div would say split the 10s

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SURFER View Post
    LOL Norm, But that does suck, sounds like he was counting cuz you had max bet out and div would say split the 10s
    Surfer, first off splitting tens is a bad move, and usually done by rookies. We do not know what the TC was so to say it was the correct move is an assumption.

Genius may go to max bet at TC+5-hi-lo.

O

Very true O i did just Azzum it was a TC + 8 hi lo

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by SURFER View Post
    Very true O i did just Azzum it was a TC + 8 hi lo

I like that "Azzum", very kewl,,

O

Learn to ignore random idiots at the tables. If you cannot play heads-up, it is often best to simply not speak to anyone. If you feel you must reply to something as ridiculous as this clown offered, "Do whatever you think is best for you, don't worry about me" will suffice.
    Opinions and Commentary on the Gaming Industry: The Bear Growls

What would have happened if you gave him the $50 and still lost the $500?
    You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

M.S. Forbes

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    Is there more to this story, maybe something you are leaving out?

BTW, there is nothing you can do except move to another table, if he then gets up and follows you, all bets are off.

Ouchez
    Yes, there is more to the story.

First, I did not leave just because of it. But then he did it again to another player who tried to save $200 so he gave him $25 for not splitting the tens, I had to leave. The second time the joker did not split and the dealer did bust it. Now the ploppy who paid $25 extortion fee want the rest of the table contribute $5 to him for saving the table.

Did this only happen at high counts? Did he do anything else unusual? Perhaps he is an AP himself lol

He only bet table minimal $25 all the time.

Banned or Suspended

pure coincidence. quite funny tho. You can tell hes all BS, thats why he does it to everyone waiting to see if someone bites, because if they do bite and give him money and on top of it he ends up being right, everyone starts thinking hes some sort of genious. Just look at what happened when he got paid off by that one guy and then encouraged everyone to pay him. Ploppys will be ploppys, they love superstitons and will ride their luck until it no longer works. It's the oldest trick in the history of scammers and im not talking about blackjack, spread some lie to a bunch of people, when it does work, people will think you know something and continue doing business with you and the times it doesnt work, big deal, just go find some other sucker until it works.
    Last edited by ZenKinG; 07-20-2014 at 05:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast