Thread: Switching to high limit room

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Switching to high limit room

I just want to start this thread out by saying that I am currently a red chipper. My local store is H17, Double any card, RSA, No surrender. The good part is the penetration. Most dealers will cut off 1 deck out of 6. A few will cut off about 40-45 cards. However, I would eventually like to get to a table with S17 which are located in the high limit rooms. A couple quick questions.

Is there an increase in heat moving to the high limit room? On the regular floor they seem very tolerant of any spread I put out there. Also, the high limit room seems to be empty most of the time so I am worried that I would stick out more there.
    I am not sure of the penetration in the high limit room. Is it worth it to give up say 5% deeper penetration to get better rules?

Thanks for your input.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by TonsOfFun View Post
    I just want to start this thread out by saying that I am currently a red chipper. My local store is H17, Double any card, RSA, No surrender. The good part is the penetration. Most dealers will cut off 1 deck out of 6. A few will cut off about 40-45 cards. However, I would eventually like to get to a table with S17 which are located in the high limit rooms. A couple quick questions.

Is there an increase in heat moving to the high limit room? On the regular floor they seem very tolerant of any spread I put out there. Also, the high limit room seems to be empty most of the time so I am worried that I would stick out more there.
    I am not sure of the penetration in the high limit room. Is it worth it to give up say 5% deeper penetration to get better rules?

Thanks for your input.
    No, in my opinion, the increased heat (especially if you think its mostly empty) and lesser penetration is not really worth it (but how do you know there is less penetration)?

For me, who moved up to the $25 level and now play both, I prefer the $10 tables (if they are not overcrowded) and too many side bets being played). In the end, it is the spread and heat that matter most. Thus if you can just play $25 at the $10 table but drop down to $10 at negative counts, yet spread up just like you would at the HL table, you are increasing your performance. In effect, your high bet could still be $250 but your low bet becomes $10 (a 1-25 spread instead of a 1-10 spread in the HL room).

I do not hesitate going into the HL room if the lower limit tables are crowded but at the $10 tables, I can play 2 hands of $10 or 2 hands of $20 to start and drop down to one hand in counts below -1.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It's ok to move up to HL room with better rules and pen, IF your bankroll could handle.

Welcome to the forum and best of luck to you!