See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: number of minimum bets for play all at DD

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

number of minimum bets for play all at DD

Is there a prescribed number of minimum bets in a bankroll to provide a low-level risk of ruin? I'm suggesting a ROR of about 2% without wonging. My estimate would be about 500.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You are better off basing your BR requirement using your max bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    You are better off basing your BR requirement using your max bet.
    Generally that's likely true. But the problem arises when one is also attempting to exploit a profitable side-bet when it has a higher variance factor than straight counting. Or am I merely clutching at straws here?
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Higher variance = higher N0 = lower SCORE. The EV may be there but the certainty of capitalizing on it may not be.

Your min bet is the least you can get away with at any given moment and might vary depending on table limits, desired spread, rules, and any number of other factors so basing risk of ruin and bankroll requirements on your minimum bet is not a good idea. Basing it on your max bet is only a good idea if you use the same max bet at the same edge for all games which is also not a good idea as you're seldom going to get more than a 2% edge on shoes, but frequently get 5%+ on well cut pitch games and even 8%+ on a good single decker so if you cap your top bet at 2% you're leaving a ton of money on the table.

Decide what risk of ruin (Kelly Fraction) you want to use and apply that to your desired betting unit and see the size bankroll you will need. Conversely you can take your bankroll and apply the appropriate Kelly Fraction and see what betting unit you can get away with. Your betting unit is what you would bet at each 0.5% (if using High-Low) worth of advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    Generally that's likely true. But the problem arises when one is also attempting to exploit a profitable side-bet when it has a higher variance factor than straight counting. Or am I merely clutching at straws here?
    We're gonna need more specifics. What's your bankroll and what's the table min? You can lie if you want, just keep the ration the same (i.e. you have $5,000 and it's $5, you can say you have $25,000 and it's $25, I don't care).

What kind of spread are you laying?
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    We're gonna need more specifics. What's your bankroll and what's the table min? You can lie if you want, just keep the ration the same (i.e. you have $5,000 and it's $5, you can say you have $25,000 and it's $25, I don't care).

What kind of spread are you laying?
    Bankroll=$100K
    Pen=75%
    DAS
    RSA
    DA2
    3/2
    LS
    LL side bet
    minimum=$25
    maximum=$500
    Ace side count
    level 3 system
    tete a tete

Play two hands off the top for 2x minimum.
    Drop to one hand when count falls to -6 or worse.
    Play one hand of
    $100 at +4
    $200 at +5
    $300 at +6
    $400 at +7
    $500 at +8
    Vincit Qui Patitur