Thread: Spanish 21 re-doubling limitations

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Spanish 21 re-doubling limitations

If I hold A,2 vs. 5 and double, I catch a 2. I effectively have A,2,2 with double my bet.

I now double again and catch an A. I have A,2,2,A and double again. 4x my initial wager.

I double again; I catch a 3. A,2,2,A,3. 8x my initial wager.

I double a final time and receive a face. I stand. Dealer busts. I've just won 16x my initial wager.

Is this something that can actually happen in Spanish 21?
    Are the top wagers capped?

I would think bankroll would need to be huge to play this game for just these sort of scenarios.

You are capped at the table limit for your total wager. These games often have a low table limit but if you bet 1/16th the table limit at a dddd game it can happen.

Not sure if that is true redoubling at dddd game or putting up equal to your initial wager each time. My response assumed true redoubling. Not sure what is out there on the west coast. Never actually played this game.
    Last edited by Three; 06-24-2014 at 08:48 PM.

All the RD games I have ever encountered restrict doubling to three times making 8x the initial wager. Plus they cap it to the max bet and because of that, there are several 2-card soft hands you don't double. You can easily figure out which ones.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    You are capped at the table limit for your total wager.
    That's not what I've seen in redouble games. For example, many of the games in the PNW have a $300 max (WA state law, I believe). There, it means that no single bet (i.e, no single redouble can exceed $300).

Similarly, at a BJ table, if table max is $3000 and you have a $2K bet out, you can double down for $2K.

I thought you could only redouble once (double down, then double down again). Where the hell are there 16X redouble games?
    The Cash Cow.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    I thought you could only redouble once (double down, then double down again). Where the hell are there 16X redouble games?
    This is more or less my question, whether there are games offered that make this theoretically possible.

Flash, can you speak on this?