Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Frequency of number of cards per hand.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I don't understand what you want. But, that won't give it. You'll have to give me examples.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I don't know how to better explain it sorry...

I need to know how many hands on average will be splits, surrs, doubles, etc... by each TC, without actually simulating an entire game. That's the same kind of need I had in my original post, I just need frequencies. But then, I need to decide if it was a win, a loss or a tie, also by each TC.

I am pretty sure CVData gives me this information, I just don't know where to find it for sure.

Forgive me if I am not expressing myself correctly.
    Life's true face is the skull.” - Nikos Kazantzakis

Blog Entries

You would need to use the MRI feature with the Multi-Sim feature to create multiple sims, one for each TC.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

If you use HILO all this info is in Norm's books.

Win, loss and push by true count:
    http://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount5.htm

Don's book Blackjack Attack edition 3 has the hand frequency info, page 97.

I am not sure how you expect this to be useful information. Why do you need this info? And what do you intend to use it for?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    You would need to use the MRI feature with the Multi-Sim feature to create multiple sims, one for each TC.
    Really?? My God, I didn't know it was so complex....

I will take a look at that Norm, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    If you use HILO all this info is in Norm's books.

Win, loss and push by true count:
    http://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount5.htm

Don's book Blackjack Attack edition 3 has the hand frequency info, page 97.
    Thanks Tthree! Yes, I use HILO. I will take a look at those sources.

I am not sure how you expect this to be useful information. Why do you need this info? And what do you intend to use it for?
    I am designing a simple program to show me the patterns that evolve in a game with respect to counts, bets and bankroll. In particular, I want to evaluate cover bet ramps.

Below is an example image of the output of the program in the state it is right now.

bet_ramp_analysis.jpg

Every red dotted line separates one shoe from the other. In the bottom subplot, the grey areas show the portions of the game you avoided to play by wonging out and the two colored areas show both your actual bankroll excursion (green) and the one you would have if you had not wonged out (blue).

I am used to stock market software that show exactly what happens with price and with which you can derive any number of quantitative indicators. I am just trying to do something similar for Blackjack. It is easier for me to understand what really goes on. That's just it.

And my problem right now is that the bankroll excursions are not correct because I am not considering the actual payoffs of doubles, splits, etc... That's why I need this kind of information, just to generate random numbers with the correct probabilities.

Thanks for your help!

There is a problem with that. You are trying to simulate blackjack outcomes with numbers per true count. The outcomes vary by the cards removed which can be reflected by the count not by the count. If the count has lots of one rank removed the outcome will be different if lots of another rank were removed to produce the same count. Short term results are pretty meaningless. Anything can happen. I will send you a PM about cover betting.

There is a problem with that. You are trying to simulate blackjack outcomes with numbers per true count. The outcomes vary by the cards removed which can be reflected by the count not by the count. If the count has lots of one rank removed the outcome will be different if lots of another rank were removed to produce the same count. Short term results are pretty meaningless. Anything can happen.
    Yes, Tthree, I understand. But, don't worry, I don't want to simulate a game exactly. Norm's software already do that. I just want to produce reasonable enough results so as to compare certain aspects of betting strategies in a RELATIVE basis. So I don't think I need perfect precision. Also, this is important only for precise bankroll excursions. The RC, TC and bet patterns will be pretty much accurate and that's also very useful for my analysis.

I will send you a PM about cover betting.
    I would appreciate that very much indeed! However, I have no idea how a PM works

I will wait for that anyway.

Thanks a lot!

I looked around, but I don't think I have permission for PMs...

Norm?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skull21 View Post
    I am used to stock market software that show exactly what happens with price and with which you can derive any number of quantitative indicators. I am just trying to do something similar for Blackjack.
    Are you talking along the line of Steven Achelis? I have programmed every non-ridiculous indicator of quantitative analysis indicators (scores of them) against a couple dozen market indices over decades. Massive amounts of data and calculations. I'm not impressed with the results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Skull21 View Post
    I looked around, but I don't think I have permission for PMs...

Norm?
    PMs require a subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    PMs require a subscription.
    One of the reasons I like your website is that it is hard to subscribe Where is the subscription area??

Blog Entries

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast