Thread: How effective is playing blackjack using odd progression(not betting progressions)?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How effective is playing blackjack using odd progression(not betting progressions)?

I was speaking to a novice card counter today in the bookstore. The beginner doesn't seem to have a very big bankroll to attack the game of blackjack. He mention that he only have $3000 bankroll so he decide to make it max bet $30. His plan is to play at a $10 table minimum since there is no $5 table games available nearby. I told him that is not a good idea since he had a small bankroll and his edge will not be high. He mention that he plan to play the game as an odd progression. For example, he plan to start out with a $3000 bankroll and use 1-3 bet spread at multideck games with his max bet out at TC => +4. Once he increase his bankroll to an additional $500 his max bet will be $35. If he increase his bankroll to $4000 his max bet will be $40 and use 1-4 bet spread. If he happen to win $1500 he will increase his max bet to $45 so on and so on. His goal is to bet his bankroll up to 1-10.

I told him if he must play he is better off table hopping and not play when the TC drops to -1. What is his chance he will succeed with his odd progression idea when he drop out and not play counts below -1 in an multideck game? Rules: 6 deck S17,DAS,LS 80% penetration?
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 06-18-2014 at 08:11 AM.

That's not a bad 6 deck to play, no RSA though?

Suggested to avoid TCs below -1? I'd suggest avoiding TCs below +1.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]