See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to make a 1-8 bet spread look like 1-4 in Blackjack?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Do you mean 3X for 3 hands? I've never seen 5X. It is a good strategy, and the one hand combines the cumulative amount bet on the three hands.

Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 - 8/23/10... “Life’s most urgent question is: what are you doing for others?” — Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    I am a stalwart advocate of the Grifter Gambit.
    It confused me. Isn't it better to just Wong out on
    negative counts?

Grifter's Gambit is designed for well cut pitch games, particularly single deck. He used to like to use it at the Horseshoe in downtown Vegas where he'd play 3x$100 in minus counts and 1x$300 in plus counts. It does not work nearly as well in shoe games or double deck games (unless you're getting at least 75% pen on double deck and the rules are good but you'd need to spread more (like 3x$100 to 1x$800 or some such similar type spread).

I advise to "play" bets. Lets say u play 2-3 handed. U bet 1 unit 1-st box and 2 unit 2-nd box and vice versa. Sometimes when count is higher u can bet not 2*100 but for example 70 and 90 or so u look like gambler

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Bet 2 hands of 1 $50 unit each off the top, say 2x50. If the count tanks bet 2x25 and then 1x25 if the count goes down more before wonging out. Top bet 2x200. Spread looks like 1-4 to a casual onlooker but in reality it is 1-16. Oops sorry, you wanted 1-8. I guess you can figure that out.

There is something I don't understand regarding bet spread require to beat shoe games. Maybe the experts here could help me out. What confuses me is when bigplayer said that 1-8 bet spread is not sufficient enough to beat shoes games but when I look at other references it indicates that a 1-8 bet spread is a winner. However, I don't always have CVCX with me. The time I don't have CVCX to simulate games I use the "Snyder Profit Index" to determine if the game is playable with a certain bet spread with respect to their penetration. I am sure the APs here know what is the Snyder Profit Index. Lets take an eight deck blackjack game for example with Atlantic City rules 8 deck S17, DAS 75% penetration. The index said playing heads up using a 1-8 bet spread the game score is 52. Anything above 50 is a winning game. Can anybody or Arnold tell me why this is so when most experts don't recommend a 1-8 bet spread for shoe games?

I am still working on the sims for CVCX.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    What confuses me is when bigplayer said that 1-8 bet spread is not sufficient enough to beat shoes games but when I look at other references it indicates that a 1-8 bet spread is a winner.
    It depends on what you call beating a game.
    Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    . Lets take an eight deck blackjack game for example with Atlantic City rules 8 deck S17, DAS 75% penetration. The index said playing heads up using a 1-8 bet spread the game score is 52. Anything above 50 is a winning game. Can anybody or Arnold tell me why this is so when most experts don't recommend a 1-8 bet spread for shoe games?
    Play all gets a SCORE of 8 for 8 deck S17 DAS with 2 decks cut off (75% pen). That is a horrible game. No LS. 2 decks cut off. N0 is 126152. SCORE of 50 is N0 of 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Play all gets a SCORE of 8 for 8 deck S17 DAS with 2 decks cut off (75% pen). That is a horrible game. No LS. 2 decks cut off. N0 is 126152. SCORE of 50 is N0 of 20,000.
    Why did Snyder Profit Index show 52 as a game score? That is what I don't understand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12