Thread: Is it possible to learn to read human's mind?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Is it possible to learn to read human's mind?

Sometimes you want to read human's thoughts. Has anyone heard where it is possible to learn it? I am sorry if this question is not related to the topic.

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is funny since this is your very first post LOL. kinda weird to be honest

Blog Entries

Yes. In your mind I see that you want to sell me a $50 video on how to read minds.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I can't even read my own mind. I mean what am I thinking of. Asparagus? No. Damn.

Attached Images Attached Images

I hope he is trolling us....
    Life's true face is the skull.” - Nikos Kazantzakis

I think he's a robot who wants to read human minds. Give the poor critter a break!
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by inlili View Post
    Sometimes you want to read human's thoughts. Has anyone heard where it is possible to learn it? I am sorry if this question is not related to the topic.
    I knew you were thinking that.

I have thought about this topic many times and decided that:
    1) I would make millions of dollars playing high stakes poker picking off bluffs and light shoves, etc
    2) I would solve unsolvable crimes (missing persons cases, murders, etc)
    3) I would read women's minds like the movie What Women Want and finally understand (if possible) what they want

Now, thanks to OP, I can add a fourth:
    4) I would know whether this OP was a troll or not
    Vaya con Dios...

From my observations in nature animals can sense things that have no other way to know than mental communication. There is every reason to believe we have the same capability; although, repressed by our tremendous ability to communicate using speech and writing. Our mental abilities have atrophied through a lack of need to use it.

With the aid of an FMRI, or electrodes plugged into the brain, we can detect some pretty cool things.

Reading minds without the aid of a device... Nope. Although, you can fool many people into believing that you can read minds by employing various mentalist and cold reading tricks.

It's not so much reading a person's mind as it is a reading of their behavior and mannerisms, which can "tell" what a person may be thinking. Conversely, one can use body language and other cues to guide another person's thoughts in a desired direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    With the aid of an FMRI, or electrodes plugged into the brain, we can detect some pretty cool things.

Reading minds without the aid of a device... Nope. Although, you can fool many people into believing that you can read minds by employing various mentalist and cold reading tricks.
    I think there's a show about this (or maybe it was a spoof on some other show idk). But basically a bunch of people show up to a show and the host can summon dead spirits or something. He starts off with, "I'm feeling a presence, a woman....her name is Marie....or maybe Mary....or..." Then someone says "oh yes! My wife's name was Maggy she died 3 years ago! That's her!" Then the host goes on "ah, Maggy right. And she was a beautiful woman right?" The audience person says "yes, she was very beautiful, she had the most amazing jewelry". Host goes on " and she was a loving person right?" Of course audience person says yes. Host continues "and I'm feeling like there was one piece of jewelry she adored the most. It was gold, perhaps diamonds?" And the audience dude says "yes her wedding ring, she never took it off!" Then host says "she was a great wife and truly misses being with you...." And it continues. Then host goes on "now I'm feeling the presence of a man. Hard working, always on time and never missed a day of hard work....starts with a J.....Josh, or John? Maybe Jack". If no one in audience responds, he says " I'm starting to lose the presence it's fading away......the new presence is an elderly , can't tell if male or female....fought cancer for many years...." Someone shouts out that was their ______....and it continues.

"Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]