Thread: Last Hand Activity Table.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Last Hand Activity Table.

Hi Norm, it's me again!

I have a real problem understanding the Last Hand Activity Table in CVData. Unfortunately, the Help doesn't clarify things enough for me.

I can only make one question: What does "pivot" stand for in the table? Is it really the Pivot Count of the strategy I am using? Or is it the corresponding true count in the bet table for each situation?

Apart from this question, I cannot ask anything else, because I truly don't understand that table. All I know is that tweaking with it, I was able to make my results better, so I would like to understand it.

Do you mind trying to explain it in a way different from the help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best!
    Life's true face is the skull.” - Nikos Kazantzakis

Blog Entries

Pivot is the pivot count of the strategy you are using. Zero for balanced strategies.

The normal betting table has three dimensions: Count, previous bet, and whether you won or lost the previous hand. So, if you have a count of +3, won the last hand, and your last bet was 10 units, the sim will then bet what is in the cell for +3, 10 units and won. But, when you split, double, surrender or push, simply won or lost isn't enough. The Last Hand Status table lets you further define your actions in these situations depending on your the count and situation. For each situations, you can select one of the following:
    Ø Won – This will force the Last Hand Status to Won. This means that the Won rows in the Bet
    Table will be used in bet size determination.

Ø Lost – This will force the Last Hand Status to Lost. This means that the Lost rows in the
    Bet Table will be used in bet size determination.

Ø Last Bet – This will force the next bet to be the same as the last bet. The Bet
    Table will not be used for this condition. For example, Last Bet in the Tie row
    will force the bet to remain the same after a push.

Ø Last Hand Status – This is a null action. The actual previous hand's status is used.

This table allows several methods of modifiying camo. For example, suppose you lost the previous hand but the count increased. The normal table may be set to NOT raise the bet in this situation because raising the bet after a loss with an increasing count can look suspicious. But, after a double-down and loss, it may look less suspicious and more like chasing losses.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Red face

Hey Norm! Thanks a lot for your answer!

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Pivot is the pivot count of the strategy you are using. Zero for balanced strategies.
    Why did you chose the pivot count? I mean, at the pivot count we have whatever the advantage of the game is off the top, right? So why would we set the table differently when we are, say, at TC=0 than when we are at TC=-1?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The normal betting table has three dimensions: Count, previous bet, and whether you won or lost the previous hand. So, if you have a count of +3, won the last hand, and your last bet was 10 units, the sim will then bet what is in the cell for +3, 10 units and won. But, when you split, double, surrender or push, simply won or lost isn't enough. The Last Hand Status table lets you further define your actions in these situations depending on your the count and situation. For each situations, you can select one of the following:
    Ø Won – This will force the Last Hand Status to Won. This means that the Won rows in the Bet
    Table will be used in bet size determination.

Ø Lost – This will force the Last Hand Status to Lost. This means that the Lost rows in the
    Bet Table will be used in bet size determination.

Ø Last Bet – This will force the next bet to be the same as the last bet. The Bet
    Table will not be used for this condition. For example, Last Bet in the Tie row
    will force the bet to remain the same after a push.

Ø Last Hand Status – This is a null action. The actual previous hand's status is used.

This table allows several methods of modifiying camo. For example, suppose you lost the previous hand but the count increased. The normal table may be set to NOT raise the bet in this situation because raising the bet after a loss with an increasing count can look suspicious. But, after a double-down and loss, it may look less suspicious and more like chasing losses.
    This table of yours reminds me of Corpus Hypercubus, the Dali painting that depicts Christ crucified in a hypercube
    It was hard enough to learn to set it correctly for camouflage betting (which I eventually did), but this "Last hand" thing was too much for me.

I understand your "double-down" example, but I can't think of another use for that. Maybe you could do the same thing with splitting (betting double your bet if you loose as if chasing losses).... but I don't quite see other uses.

That's for sure due to my non-existent experience....

I was able to improve my results by setting the first column to "Lost" and the second to "Win" (apart from the "Tie" row), but I don't think it makes much sense. I don't even know how to follow the table in actual games.

I guess I will just leave it in the default settings until I can really understand it and use it for some good.

Thanks a lot for the info!

Blog Entries

CVData is designed for flexibility. Not all combinations of options make sense. But then, maybe they will in some future situation.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Sure Norm, thanks!

I was able to design a quite complex cover strategy using the advanced bet table.

After I got the hang of it, I liked it very much!

Thanks a lot!