See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What did the dealer say?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    I was in Biloxi this past few days. I asked the dealer if surrender was available since there were no rules posted anywhere and he said yes, it was allowed. Two very very new female players were sitting at the table with me and asked him what surrender was, so he explained it to them. One of them then asked him what you had to do to surrender and he said, "here you must say it verbally since we have had people try to say they wanted a hit when they see the next card so you must stand up, throw both arms up in the air, wave your hands back and forth, and shout I surrenderrrrrrrr!" Well these two girls were feeling the sauce just a bit and they got into the act so they were enjoying the surrendering more than playing. Every few minutes, one of them would toss her hand, stand up, throw her arms up in the air, wiggle her hands, shake her ass just a little and shout " I surrenderrrrrr completelyyyyy Mr. Dealer!" or some such phrase. They added their own comments as they went along such as " Ohhhhh God, I surrenderrrr!" Well, the dealer finally took a break and the Pit Boss walked over and asked them what they were doing and they said surrendering. He asked them who told them that was how it was done and she said the dealer. He just cracked up laughing, shook his head and walked off. Needless to say, it was an enjoyable hour or so until they surrendered all their money and left.
    Hilarious story, thanks for the share.
    I get so much crap from surrendering. A dealer explained last week that surrendering isn't valuable on blackjack so I should just hit 16 vs 10. I didn't take his advice but he kept asking if I wanted to surrender every hand... even on a natural. -__-. No tips for him.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by code red View Post
    I get so much crap from surrendering. A dealer explained last week that surrendering isn't valuable on blackjack so I should just hit 16 vs 10. I didn't take his advice but he kept asking if I wanted to surrender every hand... even on a natural. -__-. No tips for him.
    You either need to have fun with the comments or cleverly get him to shut up. Table management skills are important.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12