Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intense with writing project

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Intense with writing project

I've been very preoccupied with a writing project, so just haven't been on here that much. It has been very time consuming to say the least.

Welcome to my life haha

What is your writing project about, Tarzan? mrw?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    I've been very preoccupied with a writing project, so just haven't been on here that much. It has been very time consuming to say the least.
    Is it your counting-method-book?
    Last edited by Nikky_Flash; 05-02-2014 at 02:44 AM. Reason: run on sentence

My writing has been history based, I've been finishing up school. I've written a good bit about feminism recently

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by mrw464 View Post
    My writing has been history based, I've been finishing up school. I've written a good bit about feminism recently

Well that should be interesting, you should interview RED, who posts here.

O

That would be the one, Nikky. I am trying to come up with the best format for laying it all out, avoiding making it more complicated than it needs to be. It's been keeping me quite busy. People have looked at it and called it complicated but it's not as complicated as it looks at the initial glance, just a lot of memorization and pattern recognition in terms of ratios of groupings per deck.

Dealing hands to myself from two decks, I play through to the last 1/4 deck or so and write down the deck composition before flipping over those last few cards. I don't go at blinding speed but at a comfortable pace similar to what I would do in real time. In this instance there are eleven cards left. I write down that they consist of:
    - Three {2-5} remaining
    - Three {6-9} remaining
    - Five {T} remaining
    - There are no (4) left in the {2-5}
    - There are no (7) left in the {6-9}
    - There is at least one (8) remaining in the {6-9}

I flip over the cards and I am 100% correct... There's two (8)'s, a (6), no (4) in the remaining three {2-5} and the five {T}. The onlooker is amazed and feels this is impossible for anyone else to do but I don't think this is true. This is performing the count itself. From there you begin to learn TC for betting purposes and then how to play individual hands. If laid out in the right format and learned in layers it could be made easy enough to learn for anyone with good memorization skills. The increased PE comes from a range of 330 different deck compositions utilizing Gordon/DHME style groupings ranging from around +10 to around TC-10 for each hand. You are applying a string of 4 numbers that give a clear "fingerprint" of the deck composition instead of using TC based on density of {T} for playing decisions. I am drafting up the official "how to" manual on how to do this, transcribing and editing over 20 years of notes and data into an organized and easy to understand format.
    Last edited by Tarzan; 05-09-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Tarzan, not sure if this applies to you or not, but consider this: It seems like you are more of a "do it" instead of a "teach it" kinda guy....usually people cannot both "do" something and "teach" it effectively. Maybe you could get together with someone who knows card-counting stuff so the two of you (or more than just you 2) can come up with a way to organize your notes, put them all together, and figure out a way to teach it well in a straightforward/organized fashion. Who knows, maybe you are really good at teaching and laying it out...but it's just a total b*tch to do [since it's so complicated]...but then again, getting a second pair of eyes on it couldn't hurt, at least, I don't imagine it'd hurt.

Anyway, excited you're working on this...gonna get a copy of your book as soon as it comes out.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

I'm thinking more in a software context. Good luck. By the way I love the way you can swing through the trees without hitting anything. Awesome!
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    That would be the one, Nikky. I am trying to come up with the best format for laying it all out, avoiding making it more complicated than it needs to be. It's been keeping me quite busy. People have looked at it and called it complicated but it's not as complicated as it looks at the initial glance, just a lot of memorization and pattern recognition in terms of ratios of groupings per deck.

Dealing hands to myself from two decks, I play through to the last 1/4 deck or so and write down the deck composition before flipping over those last few cards. I don't go at blinding speed but at a comfortable pace similar to what I would do in real time. In this instance there are eleven cards left. I write down that they consist of:
    - Three {2-5} remaining
    - Three {6-9} remaining
    - Five {T} remaining
    - There are no (4) left in the {2-5}
    - There are no (7) left in the {6-9}
    - There is at least one (8) remaining in the {6-9}

I flip over the cards and I am 100% correct... There's two (8)'s, a (6), no (4) in the remaining three {2-5} and the five {T}. The onlooker is amazed and feels this is impossible for anyone else to do but I don't think this is true. This is performing the count itself. From there you begin to learn TC for betting purposes and then how to play individual hands. If laid out in the right format and learned in layers it could be made easy enough to learn for anyone with good memorization skills. The increased PE comes from a range of 330 different deck compositions utilizing Gordon/DHME style groupings ranging from around +10 to around TC-10 for each hand. You are applying a string of 4 numbers that give a clear "fingerprint" of the deck composition instead of using TC based on density of {T} for playing decisions. I am drafting up the official "how to" manual on how to do this, transcribing and editing over 20 years of notes and data into an organized and easy to understand format.
    Awesome. Its three groups and no ace side ? Wondering how u remember what individuals are remaining or missing ..That seems amazing to me... I have serious speed issues playing a level two count . Ha ha ha ... you sir are the man....

Quote Originally Posted by Nikky_Flash View Post
    Awesome. Its three groups and no ace side ?
    He also counts aces in a straight side count.

I don't know which RED you are referring to, but I just finished up all my writing

Quote Originally Posted by mrw464 View Post
    I don't know which RED you are referring to, but I just finished up all my writing
    RED is her last name. Her first name is YESIAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast