See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halves i,II and 3

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    52 cards. 8s have no consideration - every system counts 8s as 0. Therefore, my figures are based on a 48 card deck (without the 8s)

If you don't like your 8 when it comes out and makes the dealers hand or bust yours in your 48 card deck is the 8 burned when you don't like it. The 8 is in the 52 deck. Just because it is counted neutral when counting doesn't mean you can do your calculating like there is no chance of an 8 coming out. The TC ranges I gave for your examples were for 4 8's seen to 0 8's seen. You asked about my method:

TC = RC *52/(52-number of lows seen - number of highs seen- number of 8's seen).

Blog Entries

Something is different between the two sims. Remember, the multi-tracking sim requires setting playing, betting and TC calc options for each seat.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

These are completely different sims. Of course the answers are different.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

They're both correct. You said you also changed number of hands. In any case, when you change something, the results change.

Blog Entries

In front of the cut card, not behind it. In any case, why make any change?

Blog Entries

There is no "standard" option and it would not revert. 35 cards at SD is less than 50% penetration.

Blog Entries

Why would -1 mean the same as zero? You always hit below.

If it is a hit/stand index. You stand at or above the index and hit below it.

Blog Entries

You'd have to create custom bonuses. A lot of work, and I'm not sure for what purpose.

Blog Entries

Those tables only deal with the first two cards. To determine the difference in the index, you can run two sims with two different indices. But, you'll need to run several billion rounds. The index generator will tell you the EV at each count for each decision. But, it won't take into account the bets.

Blog Entries

It's $.75/hour according to the number of rounds per hour that you have set.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    If it's $7.50 over 10K hands (more than a months play), then why the heck am I worryin about it. But if the means $750 it's worth keeping in my reputare.
    That would be $75 in 10K rounds. The EV is not the tell all though. Things like affect on N0 (variance) and CE. You may be able to bet larger with the same risk. That would increase EV on all advantage rounds in addition to the $0.75/100 hands. Hand matchup EOR correlation to the count tags (width of the bell curve around the index) will be different using your count than HILO. Usually an ace reckoned count is worse than ace neutral except splitting 9,9 or doubling hard 10 or less. Even splitting T,T the play is mostly based the dealer bust probability (not your chances of catching an A) which is more strongly indicated by an ace reckoned count. I would expect your count would bet an additional 10-20% in EV at SD games along with the possibility of using the much tighter bell curves for the hand matchups (lower variance) to bet more at the same advantage or play at a lower risk profile.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123