Thread: odds of 8 cards

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

odds of 8 cards

Can anyone tell me the odds of the dealer drawing 8 cards in a six deck shoe h17, pen 1.5 decks cut off? It doesn't matter if the eighth card busts. THX!

Blog Entries

Depends on the number of players and, to a degree, how they play. The more players, the more likely.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

http://www.blackjackincolor.com/cardsperround.htm

As you can see the odds of a 6 card hand are less than 1%. The odds of a seven card hand, which is essentially what you are asking since the 8th card can bust the hand and still count, was negligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Depends on the number of players and, to a degree, how they play. The more players, the more likely.
    Interesting. That's a tough one to grasp. Most of the time I can understand why or how something relates to something else.....but in this case, I have no idea how more players / how they play can make it more likely for a dealer to pull multiple cards. ?? Can you or someone else elaborate on how this works out?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

If there is one player, and the player busts or gets a Blackjack, the dealer draws zero cards even if she has a total of five.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Howzabout heads up playing perfect BS.

Blog Entries

About 70,000:1

About 70,000:1
    Thx. I got excited last week when I found a side bet where you win a progressive jackpot of 22k if the dealer gets 8 cards. I thought I was on to something, figuring the odds had to be less than 22,000:1. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is huh? Guess I'll wait til the jackpot gets north of 70k.....way north.

Not for money and not dealer but in CVBJ just now the 'other player' at the table drew an 8 card hand without busting... 3 A A A 7 A 2 3