Thread: Ace Side Count and Bet Ramp

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Ace Side Count and Bet Ramp

So I can't seem to find this info... Using Hi-Lo playing single deck, how would keeping a side count of aces affect your bets? Say T.C. is 3 and NO aces have been dealt - should I bet more than 3 units (assuming the betting units are 1:1 with T.C.)? Conversely, if 50% of the deck has been dealt, T.C. is -2, and NO aces have been dealt, would it be advantageous to increase the bet, say to 2 units, regardless of the negative count?

Or, (as I've seen elsewhere) is keeping a side-count of aces useless in Hi-Lo since they are already accounted for? It just seems than in an instance where many tens have created a low count but no aces have been dealt, the player may retain some sort of an advantage? Maybe that's just my perception - corrections and input are appreciated!

Cheers!
    Teeps
    Last edited by TeepsConPeeps; 03-30-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeepsConPeeps View Post
    So I can't seem to find this info... Using Hi-Lo playing single deck, how would keeping a side count of aces affect your bets? Say T.C. is 3 and NO aces have been dealt - should I bet more than 3 units (assuming the betting units are 1:1 with T.C.)? Conversely, if 50% of the deck has been dealt, T.C. is -2, and NO aces have been dealt, would it be advantageous to increase the bet, say to 2 units, regardless of the negative count?

Or, (as I've seen elsewhere) is keeping a side-count of aces useless in Hi-Lo since they are already accounted for? It just seems than in an instance where many tens have created a low count but no aces have been dealt, the player may retain some sort of an advantage? Maybe that's just my perception - corrections and input are appreciated!

Cheers!
    Teeps
    Side counting aces in ace reckoned counts is to increase playing efficiency not betting efficiency. If you want to have better betting efficiency side count 7's.
    Maman died today. Or yesterday maybe, I don't know.

The effects of removal for betting purposes are very similar for an ace and a ten. So, in an ace-reckoned count like Hi-Lo, if you keep a side count of aces, it will be useful primarily for insurance purposes and for a few strategic plays. It will not, as you say, be useful for betting purposes, since you have already accounted for the aces in your primary count, and their removal is worth only slightly more than the removal of a ten.

Don

At a high count in SD knowing all the aces remain means a higher likelihood of BJ. If all 4 are played you know you won't get a BJ. I think you know what to do in high count situations of the one extreme or the other. That said you don't side count aces in an ace reckoned count for improving BC. It is primarily for IC and surrender plays and can have limited use for other PE improvement.