See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: King James Grosjean (blog)

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    [QUOTE=Tthree;126277]Friendly people?
    no, I assumed that they are like people here..sorry. Now I'm curious.
    people seem friendly enough here.

I don't know about this king James guy, but being brilliant
    makes humiliating other people for no good reason(he didn't have to lift
    KJ's post word for word)
    kind of .. Low.

JG is actually a really nice guy from the limited knowledge I have..I don't think he meant disrespect by his post.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    I have said for many years that one should not use the long term or variance as a crutch to explain away losses, that one should be very hard on themselves when this happens, and never simply accept it. Many have had a problem about my saying this,,, but I still live by it. Seems that the god JG agrees somewhat with my thoughts.(?)

I don't think whinning or bragging on a public forum, or any where in life is a good practice,,best to keep somethings to yourself. That does not mean I do not enjoy KJ's post or value his blow by blows,,but don't complain if you get called on it by some people who may find it uncouth,,and so unfortunate that KJ was dressed down by such a supreme being as JG

Ouchez
    With due respect, Ouchez, I disagree with you. I don't use variance as a crutch to explain losses. Both variance and losses are part of card counting. I review my play mentally at the end of each day and try to identify things that I did wrong, or more accurately situations that I may have handled better. But I am not going to beat myself up about losing. In card counting, which is what I do, you lose. Losing days, losing weeks, losing months. Maybe for those of you that employ more advanced strategies, and play with a bigger advantage, losing is more a rarity, but for those of us counting, as most on these sites are, it is part of the game and you need to know how to deal with it.

Now, I made a decision a while back, that I wanted to be an active participant on these sites, to try to give back some for all that I have benefited. That is actually my philosophy in life outside of message boards as well. For me, blackjack is a simple game. Unfortunately, I do not possess the mathematical abilities of many here and can't get into all the discussions on formulas and such. So, my contribution is that I try to share my experiences as a mid-level grinder type, fulltime card counter, based in simplicity.

You once accused me of 'sugar-coating' my life and my experiences to the detriment of newer aspiring players. So I try very hard to paint an accurate picture of all aspects of life as a fulltime grinder type card counter. The goods and the bads. The ups and the down. The 'perfect shoes' winning a third of my years total win in 20 minutes and the back to back 5 figure losing days. The months and months of losing and the 5 weeks of incredible run which basically accounted for my whole year last year.

I know there are many members that appreciate my contributions and I think they are beneficial to new aspiring players and I take pride in that. Hopefully, I even painted a picture that made a few who were thinking of this as a fulltime career, decide to slow down and maybe go the part-time supplemental route, which blackjack is really a better fit for.

I also know there are some members, such as yourself and obviously Mr Grosjean that do not appreciate my 'blow by blow' descriptions (as you put it). I am sorry about that. My intent is not to be bragging and whinning, on a public forum, just share some experiences. Although admittedly, there are times, when I am 'beatup', frustrated with long down periods and that comes through. That is just one of those experiences. And sharing those times with like minded folk who know these ups and downs is therapeudic in a way.

But, in all likelihood' I will be cutting back, so you can rejoice in that. I am not leaving the sites or anything, but really, I shared in detail for long enough now, sometimes detrimentally so, and it really is becoming more of a headache. I also have partners now that I need to consider. There are other's that can pick up that mantel if they choose and continue to annoy Mr Grosjean and yourself.

Last edited by KJ; 03-11-2014 at 11:05 AM.

KJ

Sorry to hear you're cutting back. But, I understand. It's hard for me to understand the problem with a post containing detail. Some of my favorite BJ books are the "diary" books that deliver the 'blow by blow' accounts. I REALLY appreciate the effort (and risk) it takes to record the data and then share it. If someone doesn't want that, they can just ignore the post. I thought those "diary" books about BJ ("BJ Autumn" or "LV BJ Diary," for example) were pretty popular in this arena.

I wonder if those who deprecate such posts are revealing more about THEIR mental state and general outlook on life than anything else...

Anyway, Best of Luck!

Sorry for all of the brouhaha over a simple post KJ. As DSchles has pointed out so often, it is a shame that some people on here can't just answer the question that was asked or they have to attack the person who does the post and scold them for being such an idiot. Never have been able to figure out why some people lose all of their manners when they get online.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    With due respect, Ouchez, I disagree with you. I don't use variance as a crutch to explain losses. Both variance and losses are part of card counting. I review my play mentally at the end of each day and try to identify things that I did wrong, or more accurately situations that I may have handled better. But I am not going to beat myself up about losing. In card counting, which is what I do, you lose. Losing days, losing weeks, losing months. Maybe for those of you that employ more advanced strategies, and play with a bigger advantage, losing is more a rarity, but for those of us counting, as most on these sites are, it is part of the game and you need to know how to deal with it.

Now, I made a decision a while back, that I wanted to be an active participant on these sites, to try to give back some for all that I have benefited. That is actually my philosophy in life outside of message boards as well. For me, blackjack is a simple game. Unfortunately, I do not possess the mathematical abilities of many here and can't get into all the discussions on formulas and such. So, my contribution is that I try to share my experiences as a mid-level grinder type, fulltime card counter, based in simplicity.

You once accused me of 'sugar-coating' my life and my experiences to the detriment of newer aspiring players. So I try very hard to paint an accurate picture of all aspects of life as a fulltime grinder type card counter. The goods and the bads. The ups and the down. The 'perfect shoes' winning a third of my years total win in 20 minutes and the back to back 5 figure losing days. The months and months of losing and the 5 weeks of incredible run which basically accounted for my whole year last year.

I know there are many members that appreciate my contributions and I think they are beneficial to new aspiring players and I take pride in that. Hopefully, I even painted a picture that made a few who were thinking of this as a fulltime career, decide to slow down and maybe go the part-time supplemental route, which blackjack is really a better fit for.

I also know there are some members, such as yourself and obviously Mr Grosjean that do not appreciate my 'blow by blow' descriptions (as you put it). I am sorry about that. My intent is not to be bragging and whinning, on a public forum, just share some experiences. Although admittedly, there are times, when I am 'beatup', frustrated with long down periods and that comes through. That is just one of those experiences. And sharing those times with like minded folk who know these ups and downs is therapeudic in a way.

But, in all likelihood' I will be cutting back, so you can rejoice in that. I am not leaving the sites or anything, but really, I shared in detail for long enough now, sometimes detrimentally so, and it really is becoming more of a headache. I also have partners now that I need to consider. There are other's that can pick up that mantel if they choose and continue to annoy Mr Grosjean and yourself.

KJ, You have not understood me,,,there was no attack by me on you, I enjoy and value your posts, whatever you say is fine by me. My statement was a general one, saying how some may look at things said by others,, and how I always am so hard on myself with every lose and or misplay, I refuse to make excuses for my errors in play, and I don't believe in long runs or variance, I believe in fu#k-ups.

Do not be over-sensitive KJ, everything is cool, at least between you and I.

Your Friend,
    Ouchez

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Ouchez View Post
    KJ, You have not understood me,,,there was no attack by me on you, I enjoy and value your posts, whatever you say is fine by me. My statement was a general one, saying how some may look at things said by others,, and how I always am so hard on myself with every lose and or misplay, I refuse to make excuses for my errors in play, and I don't believe in long runs or variance, I believe in fu#k-ups.

Do not be over-sensitive KJ, everything is cool, at least between you and I.

Your Friend,
    Ouchez
    I did not perceive your post as an attack. You are always friendly and mellow....a least on this site. Some 'other sites' that I read....not so much. I was just explaining the rationale behind my participation.

Now the part about long-run and variance, I don't get. You and I are just totally on different pages. Excuses for errors?? I know you don't make errors. But seriously, I would think we all evaluate our performance and try to correct and improve what we can. But I am not talking about errors. I am talking about losing. Losing is part of blackjack, or at least card counting. Any one that comes to this site or any other that we participate on, with aspirations of being a professional card counter blackjack player or even a serious card counter blackjack player, and we seem to have several each week, better understand about losing and variance. I am not 'embracing' losing as someone suggested, but you better understand and be prepared for it. I am not going to change trying to express that every chance I get.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123