Thread: Am I screwing this Sim UP? Kind of shocked by results

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Am I screwing this Sim UP? Kind of shocked by results

Last edited by Goatlife; 03-04-2014 at 12:28 PM. Reason: deleted

Banned or Suspended

According to Ed Thorp, "the fewer the number of players at a table, the better it is for the player." Page 8, 55-57. Who says you can't lose by 33% in a given round as to winning 33%?
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 03-04-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Blog Entries

Keep in mind that CVCX always optimizes the betting. CVData uses your betting strategy. If you substantially change the sim settings, but use the same betting strategy, at least one of the sims will be non-optimal. You can click Call CVCX on the sim summary to calculate the results with optimal bets.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Keep in mind that CVCX always optimizes the betting. CVData uses your betting strategy. If you substantially change the sim settings, but use the same betting strategy, at least one of the sims will be non-optimal. You can click Call CVCX on the sim summary to calculate the results with optimal bets.
    Last edited by Goatlife; 03-04-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: deleted

The effect a play all player sees from playing with others is greatly exaggerated for the white rabbit player. There really isn't a situation where the cards eaten by others are that helpful and when you hit that monster shoe the number of rounds you get at the monster count is less and the good cards that are in surplus are going to fall on other players hands rather than yours. All of this is avoided heads up. Each part takes money away from you and causes more volatility. I know I don't have to explain to YOU how that affects SCORE and N0. Honestly the N0 number doesn't surprise me but the 70.5% increase in SCORE for getting a heads up game is a little surprising (or as you put it a 33% penalty for playing with another). I have definitely noticed how easy heads up play is regardless of pen for my favorite game.
    Getting decent pen on top of heads up play is just sauce for the goose as they say. The trick is finding the heads up conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Honestly the N0 number doesn't surprise me but the 70.5% increase in SCORE for getting a heads up game is a little surprising (or as you put it a 33% penalty for playing with another).
    I can't speak to the question in the OP, but I just wanted to comment on this statement. Tthree, I hope you can see that this statement is contradictory. If you aren't surprised by n0 being scaled down by a factor of X, then you should be equally unsurprised to see SCORE scaled up by a factor of 1/X, since SCORE and n0 are inversely proportional. Stated another way, n0 * SCORE is always equal to 1,000,000, so if the n0 is 21,000, SCORE *must* be 48, and if n0 is 13,000, SCORE *must* be 77 (scg rounded n0 a bit).

Other players hurt your win rate more in positive counts than they help you in negative counts. That is the reason why a traditional counter would prefer to play with as few others as possible. When you get a good count shoe you want it all to yourself, when you get a bad count shoe you are always willing to share. :-)

Banned or Suspended

I played the sim on BJinfo a day ago and somehow caused the game to glitch mid-game in which I made the dealer bust with a 41. It's the last 41 dealer bust I'll ever see.

Blog Entries

A few times I've told a dealer to hit me even after I busted.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I played the sim on BJinfo a day ago and somehow caused the game to glitch mid-game in which I made the dealer bust with a 41. It's the last 41 dealer bust I'll ever see.
    Hah. Reminds me of a time in real life where the dealer ended with a total of 34...

PI had a dealer bust with a hard 15 with an ace. He did this several times during his shift. He was the relief dealer. He had trouble with totaling ace hands and if he got 2 aces he would definitely make a mistake.