Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why play anything but dbl deck

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why play anything but dbl deck

Thoughts 6-8 shoe games or so slow

Quote Originally Posted by SURFER View Post
    less heat, more penne tradition etc. If you get a 6 deck game with good rules and only 2-3 at table, no side bets, it can go faster than a DD game. Also, easier to wong in and wong out.

I love the fast change in the count, no mid shoe ent, and putting that cash out on the table, only been backed of twice for me it just seems easier, jmo

I struggle with keeping the count on a DD pitch game as players are so "private" with their cards. Have won most of my $$$ with 6 deck shoe games, am still learning how to have other players show me their cards at the table.

If you play for any stakes into the black/purple only playing DD will end your career very quick. Getting any action down in most markets on pitch especially is next to impossible. If you try to only play DD in Vegas for example you will be done pretty quick.

Wonging the shoes can make just as much on the same BR with way less heat unless you are playing DD with great rules and pen. There are plenty of such games around, good luck playing in most of them for any period of time for above very low stakes.

Yes DD is often used as a trap, it can be a career killer. One shop I play has outstanding pen on the pitch and good pen on the DD... and they only watch the DD with any viglance.

Why? For real stakes, shoes usually have better rules (surrender, resplit aces, etc), less crowding, higher speed, less heat for bigger spreads, and enable you to exit tables to avoid playing most negative counts.

where i live ive got ten spots to play at they all offer more dd then shoe games the most is 5 tables with 6 deck, and its very hard to wong at all they will only hold you place 10 mins and just once an hour at best, ive been doing great on the dd tables with very little heat and very small cover, and great rules

You may be ok at smaller stakes but with any real money out you will not last long at all. In multideck games usually once you get a big count the longer you can ride that count out with huge spreads often times with little scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by jbuck View Post
    I struggle with keeping the count on a DD pitch game as players are so "private" with their cards. Have won most of my $$$ with 6 deck shoe games, am still learning how to have other players show me their cards at the table.
    On a pitch game where players "hide" their cards you just have to adjust your methodology a bit from what you're used to when counting face up shoe games.

The dealer MUST expose each hand for The Eye In The Sky as she tallies up win/loss and takes/pays bets.

You just have to adjust habit to do your counts at that point, rather than "sweeping" the table. It can take a minute or two to adjust yourself to the new mental "flow" when switching among shoe games to hand-held, but after you're in that mode it's pretty much the same pattern.

-DBJT

judging by the # of posts, i believe you're getting ahead of yourself, and are being 100% results oriented. what's the dd rules where you play?
    big dog in charge

Quote Originally Posted by SURFER View Post
    Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not simply go where the better opportunity is at that specific time?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast