Thread: CVBJ 5.5 & TC Conversion Drills

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question CVBJ 5.5 & TC Conversion Drills

Hi There!

I've been trying to improve my TC conversion speed and accuracy with the TC conversion & decks drill. I'm using 6 decks.

I noticed that there are never any instances where there are 0 decks in the discard tray or 6 decks still left in the shoe. So you can never practice dividing the running count by 6, just 5 or less.

Am I missing something? Is there a way to set the drill to practice this without changing to 7 or 8 decks or having to worry about half decks?

TIA for any advice.

KingAce

Blog Entries

If there are a few cards in the tray, you still divide by 6, unless you are going for quarter-deck accuracy, which is over-kill for six decks.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

But the discard tray resolution on this drill is one deck. So there are either 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 whole decks in the discard tray. Never <1. Is there a way to change this?

Blog Entries

Ahh, I see what you mean. The drills test you, first, on number of decks in the tray. If there are none, it's pretty obvious. But, I see how it could be useful for TC calc tests.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Right. Is there another drill that's better for this? I figured the TC Conversion drill would be the one to use.

Four years ago was the last time I really played and at the time I realized that was the slowest part of my game - figuring out the TC and then my bet. Now that I'm going back to Vegas, I'm trying to hit that really hard. On the drill, it's the rounding errors that are killing me. And finding the right number on the grid takes a while too. For some reason my brain and that grid just aren't in sync . I'm at 12 - 15 rounds per minute with 92 - 98% accuracy right now. This is after 60 drills of 50 each. I'll probably do 40 more then go back to the counting drill and the actual game play before my trip.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the mobile apps.