Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QFIT menu

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

QFIT menu

Is anyone having problems with the menu at www.qfit.com? I had a report that it wasn't working. But, I can't get it to fail with any browser.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Works fine for me with Chrome, Firefox, and IE11 on Windows; works fine on Chrome for Android.

Scripting Issue

Until one enables scripting for the site, the Qfit menu is invisible with a Firefox browser using NoScript add on.

Blog Entries

I would expect the vast majority of sites would fail if you tell the browser to ignore scripts.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Are we talking about the menu that appears to be made during the late 90's?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Norm, I own a communications agency so if you ever decide to update and improve the way your site looks please dont hesitate to contact me.
    Ill give you an excellent deal.
    Cheers.

Blog Entries

The site design was recently approved by a friend with a master's degree in commercial design and art expert. I just want to know if the menu is still functional. It was updated to a new release of software last week to add support for IE11.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    cold blooded!
    Life is short so hit it hard!

For what it's worth, I like the menu and it's fixed position.
    It's working fine for me.
    Webkit Browser (chrome)
    Life is short so hit it hard!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    The site design was recently approved by a friend with a master's degree in commercial design and art expert. I just want to know if the menu is still functional. It was updated to a new release of software last week to add support for IE11.
    Whoa fella... relax a little.Theres no need to get all defensive.That is not the way a well educated person answers to somebody who's offering help.

And since you seem to like giving credentials, I have a business administration degree, a MBA , a masters in marketing and attended the GSP in Singularity University.I worked 6 years in BCG and left to form my own investment firm. Im 31 years old and last year my company portfolio showed revenues for over US$15M.With those credentials (if you are ever in south america or europe I welcome you to contact me so you can verify them over a cup of coffee) I can tell you that your site is WAY outdated.When I browse through it I feel Im using Windows 3.1 and that the Enron crash is about to appear on the news.Unless your target audience are tyranosaurus, your site needs a lot of changes.

And to take this as an insult of some sort or to feel offended by what Im saying would be really dumb on your part.If you like it and if it works for you that's great.I was just offering you help, because believe it or not, not everybody out there is on a quest to destroy you.

As to your friend, if thats what he said I would recommend him to get a lawyer and sue the college he got his degree from.Go ask any business-marketing-pr-communications expert about an opinion on that site and I can assure you every single one of them (except for your friend and maybe some butt kisser here) will agree with me.

Im sorry if I went a little too far, but rude behavior can really bother me sometimes.

Blog Entries

Good grief. Talk about defensive. Read your own post. I just made a matter-of-fact simple, response. And, I am not suing Yale.

I just got an e-mail saying the menu wasn't working and wanted to know if anyone else is having problems.

I said I was sorry before hand. I know I can really go overboard when faced with rude behavior. Thats one of my soft spots.
    I guess what I expected was a "thanks man, but I like it how it is and dont want to really make changes now".
    I guess I was brought up to be a well educated person that says thank you when somebody selflessly offers to help me.
    Maybe you were not, and thats fine, not trying to pick a fight with you.
    Its all cool.

Quote Originally Posted by bjarg View Post
    Whoa fella... relax a little.Theres no need to get all defensive.That is not the way a well educated person answers to somebody who's offering help.
    I didn't take his response in the same way you did. I saw no tension. Just letting you know he has taken care of it to his satisfaction recently and didn't need your assistance. I thought it more polite than rebuffing you out of hand like you were not perceived worthy even though he had a need. By showing he didn't have a need and even the foremost experts services are not necessary, he was avoiding passing any judgement as no decision is necessary.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast