See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's everyone's year to date going?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My year sucks so far. Had an amazing 2013, and now I'm back down to earth.

I should re-clarify my original post. It was my last trip that was six standard deviations in the red as a result.

Overall for the year I am down 36 max bets. Still sucks butt, but not quite as dramatic as made it out to be.

Last year was up almost 600 units until the last month or so and hit a very bad negative variance swing. Survived the year up 50 units. This year off to a great start up a 100 units. May positive variance benefit you all.

It's just been worst case scenario. I've crunched the numbers, done sims, I'm playing uncrowded times and good penetration. Just horrible negative variance!
    No, you`re deluding yourself. Being 6 SD on the left side of your EV is clearly wrong. You are not playing the game you think you`re playing. Plain and simple. We`re not talking about 2 or even 3 SD, we are talking about 6 SD! This is a chance in a few millions or more.
    Mistakes in basics? Counting? Betting? Overall game plan? Cheated? Camouflage? Over estimating your EV? Look for something because this is clearly a sign that something is terribly wrong in your approach to the game.
    G Man

Maybe I'm miscalculating the standard deviation aspect. It's clearly not as bad as I originally thought. I know for a fact that the game I'm playing is the right one. Like I said I've run sims, have memorized b.s. and full indices, can estimate decks plus or minus 2 cards. Also no camo and my betting ramp is pretty straight forward.

I clearly just did something really weird in the arithmetic for the original post.

Nice to hear, however if you want to report results, make them right!
    G Man

Probability of down 6SD is < 1/250M, basically broke.

I wish I knew how to calculate SD for BJ. My January was the best one I ever had and I played 24 sessions (one 17, lost 7), for a total of 23 hours, playing $10 min 6D. H17 game and won some $5200 spreading $10 to $150 (sometimes via 2 hands of $75 each). I would think I am very lucky, that its probably 2 plus SD and I cannot expect to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I wish I knew how to calculate SD for BJ. My January was the best one I ever had and I played 24 sessions (one 17, lost 7), for a total of 23 hours, playing $10 min 6D. H17 game and won some $5200 spreading $10 to $150 (sometimes via 2 hands of $75 each). I would think I am very lucky, that its probably 2 plus SD and I cannot expect to repeat it.
    If only there were software to output results for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    If only there were software to output results for you...
    hahahaha best post ever.

I have played only 20-30 shoes while scouting other games and am up 7k with a max bet in the 300-400 range. Am also up in other plays another 5k or so. Good coming off a 25k downswing last year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123