See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Seven

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Red Seven

I have a newbie question that I need some help with please! I am using the Red Seven count and it seems as though I very seldom get to a positive count on six deck! I like Red Seven, it is very simple and I play to learn so I sit through the counts good and bad (when I get a good count). Is this something unique to unbalanced counts or is it something all counts have to go through? Any insight would be appreciated! I hope this makes sense!!

It takes them awhile to ramp up towards their pivot. This is the same for any count in shoe games though. If using play all approach it is common to have entire shoes where nothing happens.

Thank you.......I feel better knowing this is the case!!

This has nothing to do with balanced or unbalanced. The only difference in the two is that balanced depends on an estimate (how many decks have been played), and unbalanced depends on an assumption (in the case of Red Seven, that two Red Sevens will appear per deck.) Remember, the majority of the time, you will not have a positive count. The count will remain neutral or go negative more often than positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoofly View Post
    This has nothing to do with balanced or unbalanced. The only difference in the two is that balanced depends on an estimate (how many decks have been played), and unbalanced depends on an assumption (in the case of Red Seven, that two Red Sevens will appear per deck.) Remember, the majority of the time, you will not have a positive count. The count will remain neutral or go negative more often than positive.
    There are also a difference in how the unbalanced count converts to true count. In a balanced count like Hi-lo you convert running count to true count by dividing by the numbers of decks remaining. An unbalanced count is self truing.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-27-2014 at 10:10 AM.

Overall with Hi Lo there are equal amounts of plus and minus counts with neutral counts giving a slight edge to the house.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Switch to KISS III
    ~R

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedKing View Post
    Switch to KISS III
    KISS III and Red Seven are very close to being the same thing. If you are already used to Red Seven, it would not be worth the effort to switch to KISS III.

"Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

The biggest rap I have heard about Red 7 is that Snyder does not provide enough index plays. Using Brh-1, which closely correlates index plays with the plays used in hi-lo, an unlimited number of index plays are available.

Switch to REKO and use Color of Blackjack...

The biggest rap I have heard about Red 7 is that Snyder does not provide enough index plays. Using Brh-1, which closely correlates index plays with the plays used in hi-lo, an unlimited number of index plays are available.
    You can generate more indices for Red Seven using CVdata.

Quote Originally Posted by zebaustin View Post
    I am using the Red Seven count and it seems as though I very seldom get to a positive count on six deck!!
    If you use the standard Red 7 format of beginning your 6 deck count at -12 and raise your bet at zero or greater, you will only be betting multiple units at +2 TC and up. This will miss some bets where you do have a small advantage. More would be gained by increaing your bets at -1 RC and up. That will be equal to a TC of just about +1.5 at nearly all shoe depths.

You can also get more index plays (22 in all) from the KISS III index charts in Blackjack Bluebook II. The two counts are so similar that those index plays are interchangeable without switching systems.

If you like, I can print the index plays here. Just state what IRC you want to use. Personally, I favor a positive number.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast