Thread: CVBJ - Error(?) on index=0

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVBJ - Error(?) on index=0

I stayed on 16vT when RC = 2 and I hit a 12v4 when RC = -2 (or maybe -3?)...and they both showed up as an error. I checked the index tables and both are set to 0.

What's going on here?
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    16 v T should be a hit and 12 v 4 is a stand..........

Blog Entries

What strategy, what rules?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

HiLo, Illustrious 18 -- H17 DAS 5/6 pen no surrender dealer peek 10&A
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Blog Entries

What are the TC Calculation settings?
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Kind of doesn't matter for the 16 v. 10, because no matter what method you use, there is no way to turn a positive RC into a value less than zero. And so, if zero is the index for standing, and he stood, his play can't possibly be wrong.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by zebaustin View Post
    16 v T should be a hit and 12 v 4 is a stand..........
    actually, 16 hits vs a ten at any count below zero and 12 hits vs a 4 at any count below zero. This is the same probablem I'm having with CVBJ on 12 vs 4 index at zero I guess I explained it wrong in my other forum.

Blog Entries

There are rather a lot of options that affect these decisions in CVBJ in addition to TC resolution, TC divisor, TC integerization -- including Custom TC calculation tables, TC calculation by rounds, different methods of deck estimation, true edge, use of RC instead of TC, etc. Over the years, I have found that, as simple as TC calcs may seem, people use very different methods. Primarily due to lacking explanations in many books.

When you get an error, you can hit the TC Calc button on the warning which will bring up a screen that allows you to vary many of the options to see how they would affect the decision.

From the menu, select File-Backup, create a backup, and email it to me.

I've noticed that my chart in the game (Hi/Low, S17, DAS, I18) after making an error says the index on 16 vs. 10 is -2. But, it should be 0, right? Is there another setting I need to check?

Blog Entries

You're looking at the Surrender index.

Oh, crap! So, I have to remember to surrender 16 vs. 10 => -2, if surrender is allowed. If not, then Stand at => 0?

Quote Originally Posted by grassyknoll63 View Post
    Oh, crap! So, I have to remember to surrender 16 vs. 10 => -2, if surrender is allowed. If not, then Stand at => 0?
    No, for both h17 and s17 Hilo you always surrender a 16 vs a 10, the index play is for a three card or more 16. You hit any count below zero.