Thread: Let's call it a safe Mary

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Let's call it a safe Mary

I get the feeling that people like myself that have a tendency to over bet are view as just one step above poppies and gamblers. Rightfully so! Managing any kind of bank requires extreme discipline and is key to success in the AP world I seek to rise visit some day.

I propose for myself to get my kicks and occasional reward is to allocate part of my session winnings to a separate account where I can over bet but adhere to a strict limit on my max bet with my original funds.

For example if I went up 200 units right off the bat I could boost up my bets with those funds and it should in no way effect my previously established ramps and maxes, and the risk of ruin I seek. Should I loose the 200 I fall back to the original framework ie ramps and max bet limits.

The gods of the Ror are not going to say "hey we saw that! Those winnings were supposed to be saved to satisfy our formula and make your Ror valid.

in effect a seperate Hail Mary type of program can be run in concert with the dull low stakes grind.

Or could I be wrong and maybe there is some intrinsic need to satisfy a risk of ruin parameter that funds not be scraped of the top and "gambled" away?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That's all fine and well, except the risk of ruin equations DO assume any winnings are reinvested in the bankroll. If you aren't sticking to the prescribed bet sizing and playing style that you used to figure your RoR, then any calculations you do are invalid.