See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi count multiple spots

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Hi count multiple spots

In my logic at a very high count two max bets side by side could be thought of as two seperate max bets and not be over betting.

here is why IMHO.....

The cards don't know or care what deal the positive count bet occurs on and could just as easily be thought of to have occurred on two different rounds. If the count is so high it could not drop below the level to dictate a max bet .... I would think two max bets on two spots should affect the risk of ruin just the same as a single max bet.

HAVE I discovered a cavern of light or as usual am I just ....... Slipping into darkness.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The cards don't know or care if you lose both bets at the same time or in 2 different rounds either, so I'm not certain what the point is you're trying to make. If your bankroll can handle jumping to 2 spots and there won't be any heat issues than by all means go for it, but if doing so does indeed mean that you're over-betting then don't.

Banned or Suspended

Hi count... How many decks are in play? How many people at the table? How do you define a high count in a single deck game, double-deck, six deck?

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    As an example if your in a 6D game, DAS, dealer hits soft 17 and your in a high count with 2 other players at the table... +12 (system dependent for TC conversion) and you check the discard tray to see that 3 decks have been played out with 2 dealer changes. So you have a running count of +12 considering you made no counting errors and were able to hang on to the count but there are 3 burn cards you have not seen. Do you think that would increase your ROR having 2 max bets out there?
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; 01-20-2014 at 08:21 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 22foru View Post
    In my logic at a very high count two max bets side by side could be thought of as two seperate max bets and not be over betting.
    This would be correct if not for the correlation between hands in the same round due to the fact they are both played against the same dealer hand. You are far more likely to either win or lose both than hands in two separate rounds. Therefore, two max bets results in substantially more risk.
    Last edited by Norm; 01-20-2014 at 10:09 AM.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    This would be correct if not for the correlation between hands in the same round due to the fact they are both played against the same dealer hand. You are far more likely to either win or lose both that hands in two separate rounds. Therefore, two max bets is results in substantially more risk.
    I'm surprised by this, although maybe I've misunderstood in the past. I was under the impression that in any situation, the more hands per hour the better and this can be reached quicker by playing two hands, especially if one is wonging in and out which results in inevitably way lower hands per hour. I thought that ideally if you could get away with it you'd want to play hands on the whole table just to get more hands in quicker, and that this was equivalent to playing those same hands one at a time round to round, regardless of bankroll. My impression was that risk corresponded to only bet sizing rather than also the number of hands. I've got most of the classics, could anyone point me to a page in a book somewhere that delves into this with more explanation?

Quote from Blackbelt in Blackjack:

"When tablehopping, you will sometimes walk for long periods without placing a bet. You will sometimes play only one hand before the count goes down again. For this reason, it's best to cover two (or more) betting spots when you find an advantageous betting situation."
    Last edited by voltage; 01-20-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Blog Entries

It’s usually better to play two hands at all counts. But, the bets most be lower.

In Blackjack Attack, see pages 24-26.

In Professional Blackjack, see page 204 (or about, depending on edition) Optimal bet as a proportion of your advantage.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I know K.Blackwood discusses this topic in Play Blackjack like the Pros.
    Multiple hands are played to eat cards.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Thanks Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    This would be correct if not for the correlation between hands in the same round due to the fact they are both played against the same dealer hand. You are far more likely to either win or lose both that hands in two separate rounds. Therefore, two max bets results in substantially more risk.
    Thanks Norm and thanks to everyone that contributed to the post. I did come across your answer in my head while thinking about it in the shower.

Bad move yer weren't on the john. It woulda came to yer quicker.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Banned or Suspended

If you're not betting 2 at all high counts, you either don't know what you're doing, doing it for cover, or you got no bankroll. If you got no bankroll, then the EV would not be worth it, and i suggest saving a roll
    Last edited by ZenKinG; 01-21-2014 at 04:30 PM.

I think there are other posters on this board who would strongly disagree with your arguments.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Blog Entries

Yep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast