See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are setting quitting milestones considered Voodoo?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by zebaustin View Post
    call me crazy however I will take the money and run every time!! the last two nights I doubled up in less than 30 minutes........I was gone, I will take that return on investment every time!!
    Good luck doing that "every time".
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

If one need to be explain to about this topic about "take the $$$ and run" is flawed for CC ,then that person still need a lot to learn.Only some good reason can make that statement valid.

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    Good luck doing that "every time".
    It's a brilliant strategy; if you only leave when you're winning, you can't ever lose!
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Or maybe you won't ever leave.

yes..............i have much to learn!!!! However I will get there!

"Take the Money and Run" was a decent beginner book back in the early 1990's when it was written. It's obsolete today and a waste of time and energy today and I don't recommend it. It was the first BJ book I ever had as it was the only one I could find at Books-A-Million. The beginning of the book is good at explaining the game, and there is a decent treatment of High-Low and the I18 at the end, but the middle of the book is a lot of streak-betting nonsense aimed at casual players. I think it is good advice to walk away from a single deck game where you have a significant loss or run of losing hands against any single dealer, but I wouldn't do it because of losing, but simply because dealers cheating players is too easy on single deck. Either way I'd never walk away from a plus advantage. The other big error in the book is where he suggests that there is some statistical validity in win streaks predicting positive counts or good cards, this is an extension of TARGET and is nonsense.

Didn't Walter Thomason write about a similar concept years ago? I recall Norm did an excellent job trashing it.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12