See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HiLo or FELT

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

HiLo or FELT

I have been practicing HiLo for a while now. It is almost becoming second nature for me. I know that FELT is a more accurate system, and easy to learn, but is it worth my time to change to a level 2 counting system and start over again?

Edit: I think the question I am trying to pose is; Was it hard to change systems when you have been using one for a while?

I feel like I would keep overlooking 7's and counting others as +-1.
    Last edited by 1plus1equals3; 01-16-2014 at 08:37 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    According to the SCORE studies in Chapter 9 of BJA3, RPC (same as FELT) wins about 8% more than Hi-Lo, under most common spreads and approaches. The decision as to whether that is "worth your time" is entirely up to you.

Don

Thanks. I read that a little bit ago but never thought about it b/c I'm not planning on making a career out of counting. Now I see how many people argue over level 1 and 2 systems, and I'm not sure if I should just start with a new system.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Playing a level 1 system in a game is likely more profitable than endlessly debating what system you should choose at home. Pick one and go with it, time's a-wastin.

Banned or Suspended

Hi lo, then move to halves

HiLo it is. Maybe, after I actually get out there and start playing, I'll switch to something more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by 1plus1equals3 View Post
    I have been practicing HiLo for a while now. It is almost becoming second nature for me. I know that FELT is a more accurate system, and easy to learn, but is it worth my time to change to a level 2 counting system and start over again?
    I don't like the Hi-lo count because it does not count the 7s but if you practice Hi-lo for a while and already made it second nature than stick with Hi-lo. You will need to relearn all the mechanics and number plays when you switch to a level 2 count system.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-16-2014 at 03:20 PM.

That's what he wrote!!

Don

Blog Entries

My philosophy, in general, is that if you solidly know a valid strategy and it is working for you, stick to it. But, there are clear exceptions. Circumstances change, some people are better at changing strategies than others, your methods of attacking the game may change, goals change. It’s not a simple question. If you can adapt, and the results would be better, why not.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I began with Hi Lo before moving to KO and then to FELT. I found FELT to be very easy to learn (as the name suggests!). It was definitely worth my time, and the time of my former team members, learning it. If you're genuine about making a career from BJ, then that's another reason to use FELT.

Norm nail it.
    Different tool for different job.I mean unless your current does not do an adequate job that is.

one plus,
    From you other posts, you have told us you are a recreational player correct?
    If that is the case, stick with HiLo. You will find the majority of AP's using it.
    Since so many AP's use it, you will be set for team play if you so choose.

Just my 2 cents

Best Regard,
    Coyote
    Life is short so hit it hard!

Thanks to all.

Coyote- You are correct. I think of BJ has a hobby for myself. Some other members were telling me that I needed to move to a Level 2 system, so I wanted to get the feel from others. Thank you for your response. I am sticking to HiLo for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast