See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2D Basic Strategy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

2D Basic Strategy

I discovered that I've been playing double deck wrong! There are a few parts of the 2D, DAS game that I've been getting wrong, according to the basic strategy generator on blackjackinfo.com. Here are the decisions I just discovered I was supposed to do:

4,4 vs. 5 = split
    4,4 vs. 6 = split
    6,6 vs. 7 = split
    7,7 vs. 8 = split
    A,7 vs. 2 = double

The pair of fours decision I've known to do in 6 deck games, but for some reason I thought it was a hit in double deck. But the 6,6 and the 7,7 decision really baffle me! I ran simulations on BJ PowerSim to see what difference it would make to follow or to not follow these decisions, and it didn't make much of a difference at all. Are these correct?

You didn't specify H17 or S17. Doubling A,7 v. 2 is correct for the former but not for the latter.

Don

Sorry, it's H17. But everything else is good??

Yes, they're all correct. If you find it on bjinfo.com, it's right.

Don

Well, there it is. But according to the sims I´ve run, there isn´t much of a difference between using these decisions or not. Perhaps going back and forth between splitting and not in these situations could be good cover?

6/6 vs7 split? 7/7 vs 8 split????

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Why the question marks? Why do we DISCUSS BS? It is what it is. You either know it or you don't know it. What you don't do is QUESTION it. This isn't the 1950s, for crying out loud!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Why the question marks? Why do we DISCUSS BS? It is what it is. You either know it or you don't know it. What you don't do is QUESTION it. This isn't the 1950s, for crying out loud!

Don
    x2

In general, any play where the strategy depends on the number of decks or S17/H17 is going to be a close play either way. With the splits in particular, those hands just don't come up that often. Making the wrong play isn't going to show up much in your overall results (low frequency times low difference in edge equals not much effect). But, right is right, and making the wrong play does have a real cost. So make the right play. But that's why you aren't seeing much difference in your sims.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySeagull View Post
    I discovered that I've been playing double deck wrong! There are a few parts of the 2D, DAS game that I've been getting wrong, according to the basic strategy generator on blackjackinfo.com. Here are the decisions I just discovered I was supposed to do:

4,4 vs. 5 = split
    4,4 vs. 6 = split
    6,6 vs. 7 = split
    7,7 vs. 8 = split
    A,7 vs. 2 = double

The pair of fours decision I've known to do in 6 deck games, but for some reason I thought it was a hit in double deck. But the 6,6 and the 7,7 decision really baffle me! I ran simulations on BJ PowerSim to see what difference it would make to follow or to not follow these decisions, and it didn't make much of a difference at all. Are these correct?
    You missed a couple more.
    9 v 2
    11 v A

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    You missed a couple more.
    9 v 2
    11 v A
    OK, add one more mistake to the list. I need to double 9 vs. 2! At least I've been doubling 11 v. A though lol

I know why I am confused by 6/6 vs 7 ,and 7/7 vs 8 is a split ,because I read dd strategy which is a bit risk averse.

Quote Originally Posted by BugsySeagull View Post
    OK, add one more mistake to the list. I need to double 9 vs. 2! At least I've been doubling 11 v. A though lol
    How about doubling A3 v 4? It's another big money maker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast