Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Cut back on your yearnings for generous earnings,

To raise your assurance of bankroll endurance - Sumner A. Ingmark

Rest in peace, Al.

The Hacker Principles
    (1) The world is full of interesting problems waiting to be solved.
    (2) No problem should have to be solved twice.
    (3) Boredom and drudgery are evil.
    (4) Freedom is good.
    (5) Attitude is no substitute for competence.

Evolution of Epistemological Man
    (1) Homo Apriorus: thinks only in terms of prior beliefs ( P(O) )
    (2) Homo Pragmaticus: thinks only in terms of his observations ( P(X) )
    (3) Homo Frequentisus: predicts future observations by using prior beliefs ( P(X|O) )
    (4) Homo Sapiens: thinks in terms of both past observations and prior beliefs ( P(X,O) )
    (5) Homo Bayesianis: updates future beliefs by using his past observations ( P(O|X) )
    Last edited by JohnGalt007; 08-17-2023 at 07:52 PM.

The Moscow Rules
    The following collection of ten aphorisms separates winners from losers in various interpersonal power games.
    (1) Assume nothing.
    (2) Never act against your gut.
    (3) Everyone is potentially under opposition control.
    (4) Do not look back; you are never completely alone.
    (5) Go with the flow; blend in.
    (6) Vary your pattern and stay within your cover.
    (7) Lull your opponent into a false sense of complacency.
    (8) Do not harass the competition.
    (9) Pick the time and place for action.
    (10) Keep your options open.
    For high achievers, the world is an eternal battlefield. Make the best of every situation. Survive and thrive. Take no prisoners. And even in the best of situations, remember that you're always in someone else's crosshairs.
    Last edited by JohnGalt007; 08-20-2023 at 09:03 AM.

List of Philosophical Razors
    Occam's Razor: "Simpler explanations are more likely to be correct."
    Hitchens' Razor: "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
    Sagan Standard: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
    Alder's Razor: "If a proposition cannot be demonstrated by precise logic and/or mathematics to have observable consequences, then it is not worthy of debate."
    Grice's Razor: "Conversational implications are to be preferred over semantic content for linguistic explanations."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt007 View Post
    List of Philosophical Razors
    Occam's Razor: "Simpler explanations are more likely to be correct."
    Hitchens' Razor: "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence."
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
    Sagan Standard: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."
    Alder's Razor: "If a proposition cannot be demonstrated by precise logic and/or mathematics to have observable consequences, then it is not worthy of debate."
    Grice's Razor: "Conversational implications are to be preferred over semantic content for linguistic explanations."
    Hitchen's and The Sagan Standard are very useful in discussions (arguments) in Wikipedia about inclusion. Sagan is in one of the guidelines. Hanlon's can be extended to sloppiness. Also useful are the fallacies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

"I assess the power of a will by how much pain, resistance, torture it endures and knows how to turn to its advantage...The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself." ~Friedrich Nietzsche

"Iron rusts from disuse; stagnant water loses its purity and in cold weather becomes frozen; even so does inaction sap the vigor of the mind...so we must stretch ourselves to the very limits of human possibility." ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Power doesn't have to show off. Power is confident, self-assuring, self-starting and self-stopping, self-warming and self-justifying. When you have it, you know it." ~H.G. Wells

"Luck is probability taken personally.” ~Chip Denman

Blog Entries

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quotes

[QUOTE=Norm;120719]Nothing sucks more then to listen to Tthree!
    Last edited by pilotzone; 08-01-2017 at 11:22 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaKevinB View Post
    You see this one 3???
    I guess you feel this a lot. Like when you read I have a RoR less than .01% and start talking about my BR can't be as high as 6 figures. My BR could be 7 figures and this statement would still be right. It describes a lower limit to BR with no upper limit. You need to think about the post when reading rather than think about how to use the post to attack the poster. You remind me of the bitchy best friends girlfriend that tries to cleave al his friends from before she met him out of his life and replace them with her friends. You say 'she looks really nice today' and she comes back with, "So you are saying I looked like crap every day". Everything is listened to with the sole intent of attacking the speaker. No attempt too have a discussion or show respect is there. Only a desire to attack and piss off. I think on the internet that is called trolling. That is against the rules of the sight and many have been banned for it. I would recommend developing and more constructive and respectful attitude. You are causing many threads to devolve into attack threads which is counterproductive to the site. many sites are all about feuds but this one is not. That mentality will get you backed off from the site. If you are really bad the site security goons will backroom you. LoL

I am visually handicapped and don't appreciate people attacking me for my disability. If I am reading without my glasses as I do some of the time I am going to make some reading errors. I have dropped the vanity of thinking I don't need glasses but that doesn't mean I can always find them. Cancer causes different health issues. My side effect of cancer and its treatment is severe visual handicap. You can be a dick and make fun of someone's handicap or try to understand I am doing my best to live a full life in spite of my handicap and temper your comments accordingly. People are trying to decide what you are about as a new poster. So far you have been dick size comparer or a pissing contest type. We need a poster with the slash an burn mentality to give a full perspective of counting. Longevity posters seem to be ubiquitous around here. you should realize as you post that both approaches are valid and respect the others opinion even if you disagree with it. State your case for your posts respectfully, without the not so veiled personal attacks, and be happy we have a more complete picture of the AP world being expressed for the newer players. Attack sites are all over the internet. This is not one and I think that most are here because it is a breath of fresh air in this polluted internet world.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    There are two kinds of people in this world: the ones that look at the glass half empty, and the ones that drink the water and sell the glass.

I spent most of my money on booze and wild women. The rest, I wasted!

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe then you'll be successful

Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast