Thread: How do I attach a betting strategy to the presim?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How do I attach a betting strategy to the presim?

Hi. I've been working on Hi/lo past few months and decided to upgrade towards Zen. I'm generating a new index to use for my cover play which also includes betting strategy, I've never used RA before, and I would like to pre-sim it with my betting strategy attached (By default, presim only allows flat-bet). How can I do this for index generation?

Blog Entries

The pre-sim provides base numbers for EV and variance by count for flat-betting. The index generation takes this data and adjusts for risk aversion assuming optimal betting.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

So it's normal that it displays -ev graphs?

Blog Entries

Sorry, not sure what you mean. The pre-sim is designed to create data required for the RA calculations. With SBA, you are required to run a pre-sim yourself and then enter the data into the index generation. I just made these steps automatic.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Riven View Post
    So it's normal that it displays -ev graphs?
    I am using CVIndex for the first time and I had this same question--I was confused that the RA pre-sim was showing -EV numbers. Now it makes sense given Norm's answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Sorry, not sure what you mean. The pre-sim is designed to create data required for the RA calculations. With SBA, you are required to run a pre-sim yourself and then enter the data into the index generation. I just made these steps automatic.
    He means that the RA pre-sim shows -EV results (i.e. losing money). Which makes sense if you know it's using flat bets to gather data, but that information isn't obvious. So it's a little confusing to the novice CVData user.