See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Had some fun

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Hope we can all tone down a bit. There's no need to escalate thing. Respect.Respect.

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    Hope we can all tone down a bit. There's no need to escalate thing. Respect.Respect.
    I'm playing alone and some low life wants to join in when I'm betting big I tell 'em it's a reserved table.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Otherwise, why on earth would you need to keep boring us with those same egotistical boasts?
    Simply stating fact when told I would be intimidated by TBonz's size. I don't bully anyone so I wouldn't need to treat him any different than anyone else. I am not big enough to be targeted as a trophy competitor in a fight which can cause problems for the true giants among us. My build comes from the Norse part of my lineage. It is recognized by most as a very powerful build and causes the thugs to leave me alone. My point in your quote was that these facts cause me to carry myself and have a demeanor that makes the idiots looking to cause problems to steer clear of me. It is as much the latter as my build that works. That was the point of my post. Anyone can have the fearless "smell" that makes the predators pass you by for easier prey. With all that said my biggest advantage is I feel no pain. You aren't going to hurt me and I will use 100% of my muscles ability while most back off at about 60% due to the pain they feel. This has been true all my life so my muscles get a workout few others see when working. The problem I have now is the connective tissue in my aging body grows too weak to not tear or sever when I use all my strength.

I was drinking in a bar not very recently and this Giant kept bragging about how much stronger he was than anyone else. He challenged anyone to arm wrestling. After enough time I got tired of this and accepted his challenge. I am not an arm wrestler but had only lost once in my life. That was not even close. The guy showed me why it is often called wrist wrestling and twisted my hand all around and pinned me in seconds. I arm wrestled often enough but didn't seek out challenges. Some would hear I was a tough competitor and want to see how they would fair. I would oblige them. Back to the bar. It took a couple minutes but he eventually tired and was easily pinned. When it was done everyone was saying how they couldn't believe I beat him. I was like yeah he is a big strong guy. They replied , no he was cheating. He had his other hand anchored for extra leverage and you didn't. That is a major advantage. My point is this was the first time I injured myself using my full strength. The next day I discovered I damaged something in my shoulder. Anyone getting old knows that these types of things happen more often and heal much slower once you hit 40. I am not looking forward to having to take out a few young punks again. I will have to be efficient due to possibly injuring myself and may kill one of them. I think this certainty that I will destroy anyone that confronts me is seen in my response to being mugged. I have never had a mugger go through with the attempt. All it took was the look in my eye and the words that came out of my mouth. They could tell I meant what I said and it was no lie.

It usually was something like this, "I don't have much money and I will fight for it. I don't know your ability and you don't know mine. I know you might be able to hurt me and get my money but I also know I will hurt you worse". The stare straight in the eye and the low statement of fact tone of my voice always gets the point across that there is little reward for a massive risk. The predators assess risk and reward for a living. There is lots of prey to choose from. They don't need to get f*cked up over a few dollars when they can easily get more money without a confrontation. Fortunately nobody had a gun. I wouldn't want to have to shoot anyone.

Take a pill and relax Tthree, you're gonna rupture one of those Norse blood vessels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    Take a pill and relax Tthree, you're gonna rupture one of those Norse blood vessels.
    Literally made me laugh out loud!

I have no problems with you Tthree, I found your last post as one of the most entertaining I have read. The last paragraph reads like Liam Neeson's little speech in Taken......"I have a particular set of skills..........".

Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Bodarc View Post
    Don't worry I am as laid back as they come. I never lose my focus or my level head. That is why it is funny that people think my blood pressure soars. My football coaches used to get frustrated that they couldn't get me emotionally pumped but after seeing the results of my clear headed focus most of them got over it. I actually got pulled out of one game because I was getting beat in my matchup. The coach tried to pump me up but I answered a calm answer. He asked me to sit down. After a couple plays seeing my replacement get pushed around like a shopping cart he put me back in. I must have been not up to snuff before because the rest of the game I dominated the field. I got lots of sacks, my only interception as a defensive tackle, caused 3 fumbles and recovered one, blocked a punt and blocked the extra point that was the difference in the game. I am not sure why I was getting beaten to begin with but after riding the bench for a couple plays I was a different player. I never sat out a play. I was offensive and defensive strong side tackle and played special teams. The Ironman on the team. I didn't feel any different but I sure played different. Each team scored 1 TD and only our team got the extra point. Every time they got close to scoring I caused a turnover. They got a pick 6 on a screen pass.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I once played NCAA Football 2002 on my PS2 with 15 minute quarters my freshman year of college and scored over 200 points. I've also never told anyone else this story because it's silly.

Back on point, while I agree you're not playing to make friends, who really wants to sit at a table with an angry guy talking trash to you? In fact, if the table has won a few hands in a row, it won't just be one person cursing your name if you play a hand and the dealer wins. I would much rather have an enjoyable time than a negative one, and I'm always willing to wait a little bit within reason. I also lose focus being mad at someone (for playing like an idiot, talking trash to me, to the dealer, complaining about getting bad hands in general, etc). I play to make a little money and have a good time, not to raise my blood pressure. Wait a hand for good health--you want long, happy and profitable careers!
    Vaya con Dios...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post
    I once played NCAA Football 2002 on my PS2 with 15 minute quarters my freshman year of college and scored over 200 points. I've also never told anyone else this story because it's silly.

Back on point, while I agree you're not playing to make friends, who really wants to sit at a table with an angry guy talking trash to you? In fact, if the table has won a few hands in a row, it won't just be one person cursing your name if you play a hand and the dealer wins. I would much rather have an enjoyable time than a negative one, and I'm always willing to wait a little bit within reason. I also lose focus being mad at someone (for playing like an idiot, talking trash to me, to the dealer, complaining about getting bad hands in general, etc). I play to make a little money and have a good time, not to raise my blood pressure. Wait a hand for good health--you want long, happy and profitable careers!
    It takes a lot more than that to make me walk away from a good count. When you are strictly back counting and have any kind of time limits you can't pass when opportunity knocks. You simply ignore the prick and play on.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyUtah View Post
    who really wants to sit at a table with an angry guy talking trash to you? In fact, if the table has won a few hands in a row, it won't just be one person cursing your name if you play a hand and the dealer wins.
    Sit at a table with other players making comments?? Norm.....anything you want to add here?

JohnnyUtah

Once, I played Madden NFL with 92 second quarters against my 6 year old son and kicked his ass so bad he cried and went whining to Mommy! (He was pretty intimidated by my Polish lineage until I pointed out he also is a Pollock - but only 1/2 as much as I am!! Ha Ha!! Beat his little ass again!)

I scored 1,219.7 points before the half. But, I'm not braggin' or anything... Just the facts.

I can't remember who it was but someone at bjinfo.com used to say "are there other people at the table?" I can't disagree with his philosophy but because of naturally being a social person I don't really subscribe to it myself.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by muffdiver View Post
    I can't remember who it was but someone at bjinfo.com used to say "are there other people at the table?" I can't disagree with his philosophy but because of naturally being a social person I don't really subscribe to it myself.
    It was Norm, who (who or whom?... not sure) I first saw use that line, back at bjinfo. 21forme has also used the line quite a bit over the years.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    One time I was playing basketball on one of those 6' goals with my neighbors kid. I slaughtered him 200 - 0. He never even got off a shot! He went home crying, and his angry dad came over and I beat his ass...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast