Thread: Multi-parameter count information needed, please read fully, will pay for time worked

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Multi-parameter count information needed, please read fully, will pay for time worked

Ok, as i said, somebody that is willing to do the work, i will pay them for their time, just send me a private message ([email protected]) to work out the details. And I may take more than one persons results just to make sure the results / information gained is similar.....if not, well, i will figure that out when it comes to it.

Need playing indices for the following game/tag values

a) 6/8 deck game, S17, DAS, NRA, LS, Pen 81.25%
    b) 2,3,4,6,7 (+1) & 5 (+2)
    c) 9,10,J,Q,K (-1) & A (-2)
    d) eights are worth nothing in this count

Need a RC adjustment table based on this side count

a) same game as above obviously
    b) 2,3,4,5 & 9,10,J,Q,K are all (+1)
    c) 6,7,8 (-3)
    d) aces are worth nothing in this count
    e) TC's are gathered by dividing RC into remaining decks to be dealt, just the same as above.

WHY? and please read letter c. carefully to see if you are able to expand a bit.....

a.
    I've long realized that not all negative or positive counts give you the same advantage regardless of how similar they may look....Based on my knowledge (which admittedly not a lot), I'd like to separate the 6,7,8's as the key cards for this side count, this is based off of my perceived value those cards have in their PE's.
    b. I am always wondering just how much the card distribution makes a difference in your win rates. If you take two instances where each situation has one deck left to be dealt. Each individual player has TC of +3.

p1's deck is distributed w/ (just use hi-lo for ease of use...2-6 +1 and 10,A as -1) - 18 tens/aces - 15 two's thru six's - 19 neutral cards.
    P2's deck is distributed w/ - 13 tens/aces - 10 two's thru six's - 29 neutral cards.

Over the long-haul, who will have the advantage? It only makes sense that Player 1's situation is better. However you would never know ANY type of distribution if you just kept of simple hi - lo count. Which is why I'm trying to introduce a more distribution reader friendly concept in my counts.

c. I believe this side count can not only allow me to make many many more correct plays on some key middle hands (ie 12 v 6 or 13 v 2 or 3 in a high plus count, but with more than the average 6,7,8's available...), but also soft DD's as well.....AS WELL AS maybe identify key times when to bet bigger not previously thought of (or bet smaller when betting big may seem like the correct thing to do). For instance if someone went the extra mile and looked at the "win-rates" when your main count has a value of TC +3 (I'm not really caring whether its in the beginning or near the end of the shoe) but then base that off the 6,7,8 side count....perhaps you may realize that in a TC +3 (main count) situation BUT with a TC -3 (side count) that this would absolutely take all your advantage away or vice versa. Point being i don't know, and other than painstakingly figuring it out over years and years, I'm sure somebody is better than me at generating the results.

HOW I WOULD LIKE MY ANSWER's

a.
    this would be the simple playing indices based off of the tag values given above
    b. this would be the RC adjustments i would need to add on or subtract away from my playing decisions. In a table format if at all possible. The best way i can explain this is if you take a,2 vs dealer 5. Normally you only DD that hand if the count is positive (based on the hi-lo indices.....im specifically using this situation for the hi-lo count to keep things extra easy). However supposedly even though the main count may be negative, if the side count is showing there is 1 TC unit extra to be dealt (so there is one extra 6,7 or 8 in each remaining deck), how does that effect the overall playing decision in that situation? Do you add 1,2,3,4 or maybe even 5 or greater to the RC value of JUST THAT Single hand decision....so you can therefore re-adjust the TC value and THEN decide whether to DD or not. Surely if both the main count is negative and the side count is showing too many 6,7 and 8s have been dealt out already, this becomes a no brainer to just "hit".

So when giving me the results in the table format, for the example set forth above (i would imagine a Soft DD table would have to be created) and at the A2 vs 5 spot, i should see a 3 or 4 or 5 or -3 or -4 or -5 or more (you get the picture)....the value put there will be the RC adjustment i have to make on that play. (at that point i can recalculate my hand specific TC and make my more informed decision.
    c. this would be a summary to see how the "winning rates" were affected by both positive and negative TCs on the main count crossed over with the positive and/or negative counts on the side count.

I know this is a lot of work, however if all the information is gathered correctly and given back to me in an understandable way i believe this may an advantage worth looking into. I could be wrong and a whole lot of wasted time was the only result, but to that i say, AT LEAST I CAN PUT THOSE THOUGHTS I'VE HAD FOR TEN YEARS TO REST BABY!!

Thanks,
    Amchez

Quote Originally Posted by amcviz1123 View Post
    b) 2,3,4,6,7 (+1) & 5 (+2)
    c) 9,10,J,Q,K (-1) & A (-2)
    d) eights are worth nothing in this count
    In short this is a very weak count. Your pe=44, bc=96, ic= 56 if you change the value of the ace to match the 10's as it should it's pe=54.9 ,bc =96.9 ic=67 .

Also your side count should include the 9. A very wise man once told me "Knowledge isn't and shouldn't be spoon fed." Instead of paying someone to do the work you should buy CVDATA and do it yourself. This way you can play with the numbers as much as you want and would be cheaper.
    Last edited by njrich; 12-16-2013 at 08:34 PM.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Use this link to play with the tags.

http://www.blackjackinfo.com/card-co...efficiency.php
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by njrich View Post
    In short this is a very weak count. Your pe=44, bc=96, ic= 56 if you change the value of the ace to match the 10's as it should it's pe=54.9 ,bc =96.9 ic=67 .

Also your side count should include the 9. A very wise man once told me "Knowledge isn't and shouldn't be spoon fed." Instead of paying someone to do the work you should buy CVDATA and do it yourself. This way you can play with the numbers as much as you want and would be cheaper.
    I"ve played around with cvdata a long time ago, and honestly I've forgotten what i can and cannot do with that program. Does CVdata allow you to mess around with the deck composition and run a simulation based off of a card combination of your choosing? By that i mean if you take one deck left but for shats and gaggles decided to add another ace into the deck and take out a five, and run the sim based on that deck composition? Or does it always assume a proper deck?

IC - Remember If you incorporate the block count (my 678's), you can extrapolate a huge amount of information thus allowing you to gain a much better IC than your stated 56%. For instance if your block count shows and extreme amount of 678s that have already been dealt out (say a TC of 6), and meanwhile your main count is just around even, taking insurance becomes the correct move at some point (i don't claim to have all the tipping points, but i know the concept is sound of what i just said).

PE - Again your PE of only .44 gets wiped out if/when the 678s are incorporated and played correctly. However that's NOT to say that the effects may even be better by taking your advice....BUT you didn't tell me how you balanced up the count....did you just take away one of the 5's?