See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Keeping a side Count of Aces

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Keeping a side Count of Aces

Delete
    Last edited by moses; 10-05-2017 at 11:23 AM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ben Affleck taught me just to use piles of chips for the various counts.

Moses - this question will be argued forever. IMO, for shoe games, anything beyond hi-lo is counter-productive (pun intended), pointless, and fatiguing.

Often, I have a good view of an adjacent table. Using Hi-lo, I can count the adjacent table while playing mine. If my table is going nowhere and the next table is going positive, I move there. That will produce higher EV than using sidecounts at one table and treading water with min. bets, waiting for the next shuffle.

Using sidecounts and/or higher level counts with SD or DD games has benefit, but most full-time players will tell you they rarely, if ever, play those games due to increased scrutiny.

Imagine a ring around one of your fingers. The ring moves for each ace played. Works in SD and DD. For multi-deck use toes as well.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

http://cs.iupui.edu/~aharris/chis/chis.html If you're not familiar with chisenbop... it's basically turning your fingers into a small abacus.
    May the cards fall in your favor.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    For a straight side count use the alphabet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    For a straight side count use the alphabet.
    Exactly what I have done, and found to be quite simple. Letters help differentiate the information from the numbers we all use to count non-Aces.

Ideas:

1. Foot position (doesn't show up on overhead cameras)

2. Letter and number (A2 means one Ace played, +2 count, B4, 2 Aces played, +4 count, etc.)

3. Chips (does show up on overhead cameras, could be obvious)
    The Cash Cow.