See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: here is when you have advantage in 6:5 single deck game??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    The dealer busts stiffs more often but gets stiffs less often. It is pretty much a wash.

i don't understand why with less aces the dealer gets stiffs less often. with an ace in dealer's hand he has less chance of bustng i think and he has a soft hand which i don't consider it a stiff, but i could be wrong.

You will have increased split and double opportunities and generally fair better on them.

Wrong. There are counts specifically designed for SD 6:5. Your success is very dependent on your table position and number of players which will usually determine the number of rounds played. A multilevel count that counts the 9 and ace as half the T and the 5 as 50% more than the T. Basically an unbalanced version of Wong Halves Doubled which drops the ace to half the T in terms of count tags causing an imbalance in the count of 1/rank. For SD the IRC is -4. With the addition of a surprising small 53 indices you have an advantage at RC 0. Depending on splitting rules the 6:5 SD game adds about .45% or .48% to the advantage/RC increment. As you can see the number of aces has little to do with your advantage once the BJ bonus is reduced. If you remove 4 aces and 3 fives the RC is +1 and a composition dependent analyzer has your advantage at .4044%. Get on a CDA and play with your rules set and the number of aces versus a level 1 RC is a VERY poor indicator of the shifting advantage.
    this is a complicated answer. i wish i understood it. is there a simpler way of stating this?
    thank you for your thoughtful answer.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by mhb View Post
    this is a complicated answer. i wish i understood it. is there a simpler way of stating this? thank you for your thoughtful answer.
    What he's saying really isn't that complicated. It boils down to this: 1. Aces are less important in 6/5 than in real BJ. 2. It takes a multi-level count with many indices to accurately assess and beat the game. 3. Table position and number of players matters more than in real BJ. and finally, 4. You're skill level is clearly well below what would be needed and your knowledge of the game of blackjack is poor -- but just enough to be dangerous. As has already been stated, you don't win more hands on high counts. I'm not saying this to attack you. I'm saying this because you stand to lose a lot of money chasing your own perceptions of how to beat the game. My best advice is to stick to established count systems and to play games that are known to be lucrative (good rules, pen, etc.) and to leave the designer fringe plays like beating 6/5 to those with much more experience.
    Last edited by AP2win; 11-21-2013 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Trying unsuccessfully to force formatting and carriage returns

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post

You will have increased split and double opportunities and generally fair better on them.
    I'm not certain about split opportunities, and you should certainly fair better on double down opportunities, but I'm pretty certain you won't get more double down opportunities at high counts since small cards are scarce.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12