See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: true count for advantage with uston advanced plus minus

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

true count for advantage with uston advanced plus minus

at what half deck true count does uston's advanced plus minu yield an advantage for the player? i could not locate this very important number in his book 'million dollar blackjack.' i have been using 1.5 with some success. please advise.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The real question is your poor choice of a system. Are you playing shoes? Switch to zen or hi lo

i am playing 2 deck games with double on 9, 10, 11, double on splits, split aces only once, 3 to 2 on bj, deep penetration at 75%-80%, bet spread of one hand at $25 to two hands at $100 each and sometimes $150 to $200 on each of 2 hands. i have played over 300 hours and only recently broke out ahead of the game on profit. i am concerned. why is zen or hi low better than this uston advanced plus minus, and better by how much? the uston count advanced plus minus is user friendly for me and i think i follow it fairly well.

Banned or Suspended

Really poor BC, PE and IC. If you're playing pitch defintily don't use the uston point count, switch to zen or if you're up to the task I definitly recommend an ace neutral count for pitch because of the importance of the PE (playing efficiency). Be honest with your abilities and learn what suits you. All I know is that uston advanced point count is a poor choice for a pitch game(poor PE) and even shoe games because the BC(Betting correlation) is subpar.
    Last edited by ZenKinG; 11-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    Really poor BC, PE and IC. If you're playing pitch defintily don't use the uston point count, switch to zen or if you're up to the task I definitly recommend an ace neutral count for pitch because of the importance of the PE (playing efficiency). Be honest with your abilities and learn what suits you. All I know is that uston advanced point count is a poor choice for a pitch game(poor PE) and even shoe games because the BC(Betting correlation) is subpar.
    The Uston Advance point count does have a poor PE for pitch games but the PE is definitely better than that of the Hi-lo count.

yes, i have been advised that i should use a neutral count for aces, and a side count of aces, and even count the 9 as -1, instead of the ace as -1, but i don't know how to incorporate this into the uston advanced plus minus. i think i need to do a simulation of the uston advanced plus minus to satisfy my curiosity and needs.
    has anyone done a simulation of the uston advanced plus minus as presented by uston in his book?
    please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by slk View Post
    yes, i have been advised that i should use a neutral count for aces, and a side count of aces, and even count the 9 as -1, instead of the ace as -1, but i don't know how to incorporate this into the uston advanced plus minus. i think i need to do a simulation of the uston advanced plus minus to satisfy my curiosity and needs.
    has anyone done a simulation of the uston advanced plus minus as presented by uston in his book?
    please advise.
    Why are so infatuated with Uston +/- count? Zen II is excellent. Ask anybody.

Banned or Suspended

The reader is urged to note that the Uston +/-

is not the "UAPC" [Uston Advanced Point Count],

a far more powerful count.

yes, the zen II may be superior to uston's advanced plus minus, but to tell the truth i am a little embarrased to admit that i follow and commit to uston's advanced plus minus because i can do it. the 2 level counts cause me some stress, the 1 level adv plus minus is easy for me to do. if i can get a .5% to 1.0% advantage on the advanced plus minus i will be satisfied at least for now (and if the chance of ruin is manageable/acceptable).

with the 2 deck games however i should be able to keep a side count of aces, but i don't know how to incorporate this side count of aces into the uston adv +/-. any advice, please advise.

yes, the zen II may be superior to uston's advanced plus minus, but to tell the truth i am a little embarrased to admit that i follow and commit to uston's advanced plus minus because i can do it. the 2 level counts cause me some stress, the 1 level adv plus minus is easy for me to do. if i can get a .5% to 1.0% advantage on the advanced plus minus i will be satisfied at least for now (and if the chance of ruin is manageable/acceptable).

with the 2 deck games however i should be able to keep a side count of aces, but i don't know how to incorporate this side count of aces into the uston adv +/-. any advice, please advise.
    If you are into pitch games, you need a count with a high PE. That suggests HI-OPTII.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why would some people suggest using Hi-lo count in double games and not Uston's Advance Plus Minus??? I don't think it is because of the BC,PE, and IC issue since Hi-lo and Uston's Advance Plus Minus is pretty close in terms of BC, PE, and IC comparison. However, if you want to use Uston's Advance Plus Minus I suggest that you revised the betting and playing strategy to make sure it is performing in its optimal performance.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 11-16-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Seriousplayer, when did I EVER advise to use hi lo in a pitch game? I said for a SHOE game use hi lo or zen. And for pitch PE is more important so switch to an ace neutral count wiht side of aces. Lastly I want to correct myself to the OP, and flash pointed this out as well, I was talking about uston plus minus NOT the uston advanced point count, which is far superior to uston plus minus

i want to thank everyone for their thoughtful inputs, much appreciated. it seems an ace neutral count with side count of aces is the way to go for me. however i don't know of such a count that is 1 level. could you advise which counts systems are 1 level with aces neutral and a side count of aces that would be worth the trouble to switch to from the uston advanced +/-? i'm afraid that the 2 level counts are a bit too much for me. thanks again.

page 186 of wattenberger's book, "modern blackjack," suggests a side count of aces to be used with ace-reckoned strategies which i think includes uston's advanced +/-, and it is stated that such a techinique requires a different set of strategy tables, which tables i don't have. i am unaware of any published strategy tables that would work with uston's adv +/- including the side count of aces. please advise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast