See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could I join a blackjack team near MA

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Could I join a blackjack team near MA

Hi Folks:
    I have played blackjack for 8 months. Starting from Hi-Low and now changed to FELT for 4 months.
    The bet spread is more than 12 times and each time I will change my bet strategy after simulate by the software. Penetration has impact to it, dramatically.

As a individual player and small bankroll, my benefit is not that large.

Hoping to find some team near MA or any friend to share the experience with.

ps: Someone complains about the poor penetration . The answer for me is yes and no. For yes, the penetration is really bad. 2 Decks for 6 decks game. For no, using FELT or other level2 or level3 counting system, 2 decks penetration is enough for us to make money if you have a more than 10 times spread.
    Last edited by freehope; 10-30-2013 at 11:16 AM.

You're right. Crowded tables, horrible pen, $5 minimums and H17 means no heat. Yes, those $5 tables are H17. With slow player decisions, side bets and frequent shuffles are you even getting 60 hands an hour? If you are making $20 an hour you've hit some positive variance.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    So your max bet is $60 with a $30,000 bankroll? You could be doing a lot more without a team.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePlayer View Post
    So your max bet is $60 with a $30,000 bankroll? You could be doing a lot more without a team.
    Due to the simulation, I found 0% risk if I do like this. What is your suggestion? What risk are you willing to take?

As long as you will resize your bets up and down based on bankroll size, your risk is not the same as what you would calculate for fixed betting. You can safely afford to play bigger as long as you acknowledge that you may have to reduce your bets if you are losing to manage your risk. You do this by choosing a Kelly fraction you are comfortable with (a smaller Kelly fraction gives you a lower risk of any particular size drawdown) and you recalculate your optimal bets using CVCX for each session, or at least after any significant change in bankroll. Many players find .5 Kelly to be comfortable, which would correspond to a sim showing a 1.83% risk of ruin if you never alter your bets. It sounds like you are more risk averse than most, so you may prefer a smaller Kelly fraction. I typically use .3 Kelly, which would correspond to 0.13% risk of ruin for fixed betting. Based on your posts, it sounds like you are betting even more conservatively than this, so you may be able to increase your top bet some. If you do, you should try to keep your minimum bet the same unless increasing your minimum gives you access to better games.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by freehope View Post
    $25000 bankroll,
    You lost 5k quick lol.
    Your playing a marginal game with bad pen I wouldn't invest much more playing it than you already are.
    With 30k I would find a better s17 w/ls even if I had to move up to $25 min tables.
    Last edited by njrich; 10-29-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    Beware the fury of a patient man.

You can play Twin River's 8 deck S17 games with 85% pen at $10 or $15 minimums. During off hours you may be able to play at a $25 table in the high limit pit which is 6 deck. It's closer if you're coming from eastern Ma. Foxwoods also has excellent pen, unfortunately the 8 deck games are H17.

Banned or Suspended

with 30k your EV should not be 20/hour. You should be aiming for at least 75 an hour or more. And it should still be close to 0% risk. Add in some wonging and you're golden

I don't think there's any East Coast teams. At least, I haven't heard of or seen any. Halbruno was looking for a team awhile back, and I know he's East Coast. Maybe he's around?
    The Cash Cow.

There are some informal teams like a make up game in Bball (I think thats what it is called, maybe a pickup game).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    As long as you will resize your bets up and down based on bankroll size, your risk is not the same as what you would calculate for fixed betting. You can safely afford to play bigger as long as you acknowledge that you may have to reduce your bets if you are losing to manage your risk. You do this by choosing a Kelly fraction you are comfortable with (a smaller Kelly fraction gives you a lower risk of any particular size drawdown) and you recalculate your optimal bets using CVCX for each session, or at least after any significant change in bankroll. Many players find .5 Kelly to be comfortable, which would correspond to a sim showing a 1.83% risk of ruin if you never alter your bets. It sounds like you are more risk averse than most, so you may prefer a smaller Kelly fraction. I typically use .3 Kelly, which would correspond to 0.13% risk of ruin for fixed betting. Based on your posts, it sounds like you are betting even more conservatively than this, so you may be able to increase your top bet some. If you do, you should try to keep your minimum bet the same unless increasing your minimum gives you access to better games.
    Thanks.
    I agreed about your Kelly conclusion. I did increase my top bet and keep the minimum which means larger spread.
    I am afraid because i do not know what 0.3% risk really mean. Norm said in his book the professional will chose 0.05% risk. What is your opinion?
    And one of my friend has opposite meaning about your resize bet theory. He said we should stick our bet especially when we are loading. I have no idea about it

Quote Originally Posted by njrich View Post
    You lost 5k quick lol.
    Your playing a marginal game with bad pen I wouldn't invest much more playing it than you already are.
    With 30k I would find a better s17 w/ls even if I had to move up to $25 min tables.
    Do you think the bankroll is too small for $25 tables ? And the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenKinG View Post
    with 30k your EV should not be 20/hour. You should be aiming for at least 75 an hour or more. And it should still be close to 0% risk. Add in some wonging and you're golden
    Thanks.I will post my simulation later about $75/hour. Add some wonging?
    Norm mentioned that compare to wonging, play all the shoe or wongout could be more useful ?
    He once compared between wonging and play all the time. The conclusion said playing all the time is better. I am not sure it is right or wrong.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast