Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hit or stand

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by steveistheman84 View Post
    this reminds me, does anybody know where to find an exposed hole-card strategy chart? with indices maybe?
    Beat The Dealer
    Million Dollar Blackjack
    For indices - Beyond Counting

I believe Norm's free book, Modern Blackjack, has hole card strategies.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    Basic strategy assumes the only cards you are aware of being played are the ones in the hand matchup, your cards and the dealer upcard. Composition dependent BS assumes knowledge of the specific cards and total dependent BS uses the weighted average for of frequency times gain or loss of all possible hands combined. It has nothing to do with the TC 0 except that the TC won't be far from 0 depending on the number of decks used because not many cards are considered. If you are considering splitting 44v4 off the top in a 6 deck game the TC is +1 for the matchup using HIOPT II. The HIOPT II index is +6. In double deck the RC is +3 and in SD the TC is +6. No surprise that it is only a BS split in SD.
    Tthree, I am trying, with my own unique and unalterable thought processes, to convince myself one way or the other that 16 v. 10 at RC 0 is a hit or a stand. I continue to lean towards hit. I had hoped Don would help clear it up.I already know, because I asked and you answered previously, that BS considers all possible hands. And averages the result. Weighted--I still am unclear as to how the average is weighted.I guess another question I could ask, as your description sort of brings it up...what is the average RC of 16 v. 10? I realize you may find this question irrelevant for one reason or another. But in my mind, they must prove different or be classified as the same. I know the RC 0 and BS are not the same thing, I just do not see practical differences. You have your choice between two super hot identical twins. You claim that they are two distinct people and you must get to know them, I claim that the best approach is 'eeny meeny miny mo.' . In an infinite deck, 16 v. 10 is a hit. In an infinite deck TC 0+ = BS (note the count is infinitesimally positive). There is only change in BS going from multi-deck to an infinite deck. We are obviously talking about something purely academic, with no practical significance whatsoever. But it would be cool to have a definitive answer on the subject.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-21-2013 at 02:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12