See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: I will willingly pay for a quality product! - Math Demon

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Unhappy "See you guys later!" - Math Demon

To Norm: Apologies, Support, and a Suggestion

1. I want to extend my sincerest apologies to Norm and the moderators for my last few posts. I was just frustrated from all the nonsense posts, and disappointed from the lack of moderator control.

Since then, the nonsense seemed to have dropped off dramatically, at about the same time-frame as the shift to subscription-basis.

I do NOT apologize for the intention or sentiment in those posts. But in retrospect, I apologize for the choice of words.

2. I want to reiterate my support for Norm and the Forum. Looking at the massive improvement on the public side of the Forum, I can only imagine the "efficiency" and "gravitas" of the subscription side.

I had always believed in and tried to support Norm. Case-in-point, I have the complete set of CV products as well as the hardcover of Norm's Modern Blackjack I & II.

Unfortunately, I am being drawn to other commitments and thus will not be joining the subscription side for now.

3. One final suggestion to Norm:

There are some very valuable members in the Forum. From my perspective, they are bigplayer, KJ, Tthree, ZenMaster_Flash, ericfarmer, Dog Hand as well as the respected Blackjack authors. And a shout-out to Mr. White, njrich520, Nyne, and others.

If they have not yet subscribed (for whatever reason), it might be a good idea to extend them an invitation and a free subscription (even for just the first year).

I would like to express my gratitude to everyone who patiently answered my questions and helped me along the way.

See you guys later!
    Math Demon
    Last edited by Math Demon; 10-24-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: "See you guys later!"
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This is the exact point of the fee. The quality was dropping and the quantity increasing. But, the "public side" will in no way be representative as that's where the nonsense posts will now be concentrated.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Blog Entries

Incidentally, there is no way that the moderators can read every post. The volume is has become too high. You can report a post by clicking the small exclamation point in a triangle icon below the post. The report immediately goes to all mods. It is very rare that someone does this. When it does happen, action is usually quick.

My hope is that the private forums will become more manageable with this change.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Math Demon View Post
    .On subscribing to the Forum: I am "on the fence" and will remain there until I see the "quality" that Norm had talked about. The subscription fee means NOTHING to me. I would willingly pay $59/year (GC's price) for this forum ... a few months ago. But I have not logged on for 2 weeks (before today). Previous to that, I haven't logged on for 3 weeks.The noise and insanity in hundreds of posts are just "through the roof". Hundreds of nonsense posts posted by dozens of insane members. BUT the mods are NOT banning, warning, or whatever it is that moderators are supposed to do. One member was specifically warned NOT to ask for money again. But when he did, nothing happened. No warnings, no bannings. His posts generate hundreds of nonsense posts in response. The nonsense is just unbearable.I got the impression that the mods do NOT care anymore. If they do NOT care, why should I? If the quality of posts and posters (and moderator control) improve, I will consider subscribing. And you can judge those by just looking at the "free side", since that side is the public face of the Forum.Otherwise, it's not a good AP move to pay for crap when one refuses crap while it was free.Goodbye for now!Math Demon
    Edited out. It sounded almost like I was defending the dark side.
    Last edited by Rainmaker; 10-18-2013 at 12:04 PM.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

But I have not logged on for 2 weeks (before today). Previous to that, I haven't logged on for 3 weeks.

The noise and insanity in hundreds of posts are just "through the roof". Hundreds of nonsense posts posted by dozens of insane members.

Otherwise, it's not a good AP move to pay for crap when one refuses crap while it was free.

I seem to remember hundreds of nonsense posts from a new member, but that stopped about 5 weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    I seem to remember hundreds of nonsense posts from a new member, but that stopped about 5 weeks ago...
    LOL...I do not think I was here, but I think I get the gist.

Who are the mods norm...beside You and Nt21...just wondering

Blog Entries

ICountNTrack and RWM. We may need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    ICountNTrack and RWM. We may need more.
    I was thinking the same thing makes your job a little easier that way.

...And you can judge those by just looking at the "free side", since that side is the public face of the Forum.
    I disagree, BJ21 free pages are like a completely different site to the actual page.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."