See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: exodus of BJ the forum

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned or Suspended

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

exodus of BJ the forum

I think some of you guys are over-reacting. And/or you are really tightwads. I mean really....3 bucks a month! That's a cup of coffee or a beer. You don't get that much value from the site and this includes entertainment and or enjoyment?? Some of you guys are on here posting 8-10 times a day. You must enjoy it. Enjoy sharing your experiences with like minded folks, as many of you don't have someone like that in your personal life, as your wife, kids, friends don't have a clue.

For myself, I enjoy participating and sharing, although at times...... I actually have been participating a little less, because I am just real busy right now, but it is well worth the $3 bucks, even if I log on twice a week.

Also, I feel some loyalty towards Mr Norm. When bjinfo suddenly shutdown, many if us where looking for a new 'home' with fragments of the bjinfo membership going different places and starting several new sites. Norm's site seemed like the best place to keep our little family together and I know I strongly encouraged Norm to take on this project and he was real reluctant to do so. I remember he set up the site but said he wasn't sure he wanted to really do this. I just began posting. Soon others followed and the site just sort of came to life, with most of our former members coming here and of course new family members along the way. :-)

Norm has expressed recently, as Ken Smith did back at BJinfo, at running the site takes a great deal more time than one imagined or that they really wanted to he involved with. If Norm feels a small fee of $3 is needed for his efforts, I am OK with that. I am sure we are still getting him for a bargain.

So I will remain. I am a member of bj21, and while, most of the members that I really have tremendous respect for are members of both sites, so I could exit and still have those contacts, it is worth it for me, to remain. I get $3 a month value and enjoyment. I hope most members remain and those that leave re-consider at some point and rejoin us.

Last edited by KJ; 10-18-2013 at 08:53 AM.