See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resplitting 10's

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    So you stay on soft 12? Fail. No explanation needed.

Back to the 10s, i recently read that despite if the TC drops below the index, you should continue to resplit. I have not been able to sim this effect yet. Apparently the TC tends to remain in the same area even as the RC changes (due to less cards remaining). Any thoughts?

~Pac

Edit: This is for ANY split, not just 10s.

Spell error, never resplit tens. you got it

Quote Originally Posted by tawny View Post
    Was this a mistake? Are you talking about resplitting aces or 10's? Because choosing to not split 10s is no big deal but if you have the option to resplit aces and dont its a huge mistake. It is a great benefit for a counter to resplit aces.
    Yes. sorry for mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    So you stay on soft 12? Fail. No explanation needed.

Back to the 10s, i recently read that despite if the TC drops below the index, you should continue to resplit. I have not been able to sim this effect yet. Apparently the TC tends to remain in the same area even as the RC changes (due to less cards remaining). Any thoughts?

~Pac

Edit: This is for ANY split, not just 10s.

Yes. It is true with the less cards, each count value is higher than 1. One of my friend recommend that the true count for last 3 decks, let's say 3, which it really maybe 7. He has a form as the adding number for different decks. For the last two decks, it is +5.

Once I send a email to Norm about this question, because we want to maximize the benefits. His answer is short. Just say no.
    Floating Advantage isn't really useful. CVData can measure it.

You can check the floating advantage from "blackjack attack".

^^
    Great question!!!

The TC does often stay the same even though the RC drops. But i dont see how that affects the splitting index. Because you are talking about just 1 less card left and not changing the divisor at all. I see how the TC can stay the same from round to round with a lower RC but not from just one card. But if you were close to the index already when you split the first time that one more 10 lowering the RC could make the TC fall below the index.

Few games ever get dealt deeply enough for the floating advantage to be significant. You might want to favor rounding up on very close calls but unless the deal to 1/2 deck left in shoe games thee isn't much there. At less than 1.5 decks cut off there is a small effect. At anything more than that it is pretty much insignificant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123