See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: How do I work on counting and small cards coming out?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

How do I work on counting and small cards coming out?

I have CVBJ and I know there is an option where a bunch of small cards come out, but is there anyway else to practice adding up these small cards and counting at the same time? I have quite a bit of problem doing this.... any suggestions on how you got over this hump would be greatly appreciated.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    You could remove all the ten-value cards from one or two decks and practice playing like the dealer (hit until 17, then start a new hand). That way, you are likely to encounter many hands with 4 or more cards. If you use a balanced count, you could set an appropriate initial running count for the drill so that you end with a running count of 0. Alternatively, start with a running count of 0 and know the correct running count that you should have at the end.

I was thinking that there was a hand totals drill. If not, I know I've seen one somewhere.

Start with one deck count it at slow pace and increase speed when you can do so accurately. Then move onto 2 decks and so forth.

There is an count bias option in the drills. Select the one that has more positive or negative cards coming out so you can practice adding and subtracting the numbers giving you most trouble.

I use an app called trainer pro on my iPhone. It's simple hi-lo and you can set your speed. I jack it on high speed. Before you know it. You will automatically register in your mind what cancels out and the hit cards come out so quick but once you get the hang of it you will see how easy it is. You can practice anytime. Though it doesn't give any other count options. Still not bad though. I don't recall if I paid a couple of dollars or free.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Kudos to Chip Hoarder ~ for his simple effective advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    I was thinking that there was a hand totals drill. If not, I know I've seen one somewhere.
    In Flashcard drills, there is the option to be dealt 2-5 cards. This has been the most helpful for me.

Blog Entries

lufia, you are in the software testing program. It has that very option.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes I noticed it in the flash drill, but the cards are already out and the count changes after each set =/

Maybe this will help me. Do you guys adjust your count before adding the hand up?

Also do you re-add ever single card for the total or just add whatever comes out to the previous total? Hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    lufia, you are in the software testing program. It has that very option.
    Last edited by lufia2; 09-07-2013 at 06:26 PM.