Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Blackjack Drills Thoughts

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Mobile Blackjack Drills Thoughts

It is getting close to the last chance to make suggestions for CV Drills on mobile devices.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

I just purchased the mobile app the other day. I'm starting at the beginning, using Flash Drills, and I am very rusty, lol. I have a question and a request.

On the Flash Drills: Options page what is the option "Reserved"? Is it just reserved for future use?

After I go through my hands then it lists the error percentage for that 50 hands. Is it possible to list a lifetime error percentage? I know I can see all of my errors, but I would like to see a percentage over time that can be reset when I choose to.

So far I'm liking the app and puts my subway time to good use!

Blog Entries

Yes, reserved is for a future addition.

Reset on stats makes sense.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Sorry Norm, never caught this thread. What platform are your mobile apps running on? What devices are compatible? Thanks in advance.
    “You aren’t making money until your money is making money.”

Blog Entries

Most Apple and Android devices. See http://www.qfit.com/blackjack-games-android-iphone.htm.
    Last edited by Norm; 11-18-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks!
    “You aren’t making money until your money is making money.”

Just a point for the IPad version -
    Was very buggy on the 4.x.x version but when I upgraded my IPad to the 5.x.x version seems to work very well - so - use the latest version of IOS on your IPad, for card counting goodness
    Walker

I think I found a bug. I am using an iPhone 5s with the latest software. The CV Drills software is up to date. I use the drills in two ways. First is the Flash Drills for a 6 deck game. I also practice the counting drills, but I set it to 1 deck in order to keep the drills shorter. If I go back to the flash drills I set it back to 6 deck so that the strategy for play is correct. But I found that the tables don't change to 6 deck. For instance, the if the flash drill presents 8 v 5 and I select Hit I get an error showing DD. It will say 6 deck in the Flash Options but the tables will be wrong. If I leave the app and go back into it then the tables are correct.

Blog Entries

Looks like you're correct. I put in a change to always reload the strategy upon entering the flash drills. Restart it and it should update.

Thanks, that worked.

Love the app on the ipad. As a BJ novice, the skills development is much easier with this app vs flash cards.

The error log for the counting drills will not reset.

In the counting drills some hands are easy to count (i.e. Q 5 Q 5) others require a few milli secs more (2 8 6 7). Counting with FELT. I set the deal speed to be just enough time to count these more difficult hands. It would speed the test if i could hit a button to deal the next hand.

I set accuracy to exact. If i miss count by + or - 1 an error is not registered. My accuracy score is still 100%

Blog Entries

Fixed the counting error log reset and accuracy. You can change the timer mode. That would turn off the automatic timing and display a Next button. Might also be a good idea to allow a combination of the two. It will take a couple hours to appear on GooglePlay. If you purchased directly, it should update next time you start it for Android or Apple devices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast