See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: you counters be nice and join the conversation

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by Math Demon View Post
    njrich520 once posted that he has an "infinite bankroll" for sale. He says it's cheap too!
    Quote Originally Posted by njrich520 View Post
    That was traded for "Infinite Wisdom" now I'm sorry I traded the bankroll.
    Why would you do that?? True. Storage of that "infinite bankroll" was probably becoming a major pain.

Can I get half of your newly-acquired "infinite wisdom"?

You know, mathematically, half of infinity is still infinity. But then, you already know that since you have "infinite wisdom" ... unless, of course, math was an optional upgrade which was not included.
    __

Anyway, don't worry, njrich520! Here's a plan ... which now really concerns me since you should already have thought of this:

You should trade 2/3 of your "infinite wisdom" for 1/3 "infinite knowledge", 1/3 "infinite bankroll", and a dash of good looks. That last part, you desperately need.

Actually, scratch the bankroll part. With "infinite knowledge", you don't even need a bankroll. You just need $2 for the PowerBall.

And with the PowerBall win, you won't need the looks either.

To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    x = y.

Then x2 = xy.

Subtract the same thing from both sides:
    x2 - y2 = xy - y2.

Dividing by (x-y), obtain
    x + y = y.

Since x = y, we see that
    2 y = y.

Thus 2 = 1

Norm, I know the point you're driving. But this example is a fallacy because of the "division by zero" in step #4. Sorry!
    To NFL newbies: Please perform your own analysis. Confirm any stats presented. Draw your own conclusions.

Handicapping is EXTREMELY hard! All statistical evidence (and game insights) may indicate strongly a specific outcome, winner, or continuing trend; but a turn-over, a missed field goal, an erroneous call, a key injury, etc. can easily change the outcome, the margins, and/or the totals. Division rivalry games and games with playoff implications are highly unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Dividing by (x-y), obtain
    x + y = y.
    If x = y you are dividing by 0 when you divide by x-y.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    There could be only one better, straight-to-the-point summation than your cutting, 2-word sentence... which would be a one-word sentence. Now what one word aptly sums up utter nonsense?
    Poppycock.

[COLOR=#ffffff].
    And with the PowerBall win, you won't need the looks either.
    talk-about-luck.png
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by RollingStoned View Post
    so, the powerball winner keeps buying a ticket every week till dead (doesn't look to be that long) and we should assume he will come to financial ruin from said purchases since powerball is far more disadvantageous than basic strategy, outlier-win blackjack. further, no way could an advantage player improve his longevity and necessary mental state by lower spreads when losing and higher when net winning (as articulated in post #52)?

Norm, I know the point you're driving. But this example is a fallacy because of the "division by zero" in step #4. Sorry!
    I can assure you, dividing by 0 is nowhere near the worst math we've seen here this week.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Quote Originally Posted by hardin county boy View Post
    so, the powerball winner keeps buying a ticket every week till dead (doesn't look to be that long) and we should assume he will come to financial ruin from said purchases since powerball is far more disadvantageous than basic strategy, outlier-win blackjack. further, no way could an advantage player improve his longevity and necessary mental state by lower spreads when losing and higher when net winning (as articulated in post #52)?
    Please stop, every time I accidentally read something you've written I grow stupider.
    "One of these days in your travels, you are going to come across a guy with a nice brand new deck of cards, and this guy is going to offer to bet you that he can make the Jack of Spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. But, son, do not take this bet, for if you do, as sure as you are standing there, you are going to end up with an ear full of cider."

Quote Originally Posted by hardin county boy View Post
    What does previous wins/losses have to do with the future? If you're playing a full-kelly or high-ROR game, you should lower your min(?) and max bets to stay within a comfortable ROR. I do not think you are talking about major swings, though, more like short-run sessions.

Spreading based on wins and losses is not the 'correct' way to play with a full advantage. To play with said advantage, a player must bet exactly how much he is supposed to, given whatever the running count / true-count / or whatever way he decides how much to bet -- he should NOT bet based on previous wins/losses. [However, sometimes it isn't feasible, heat-wise, to bet exactly how much he should be at a certain count. In that case, the player may parlay his winning hands until he reaches the proper bet he should be making. This is done for COVER, ANTI-HEAT, purposes -- not to increase his wins or decrease his losses because of some type of random 'streak' phenomenon -- but to make sure he isn't MADE.]
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

Quote Originally Posted by AussiePlayer View Post
    Please stop, every time I accidentally read something you've written I grow stupider.
    thanks AussiePlayer, when i read your explanations i am growing smarter and appreciate your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by aussieplayer View Post
    i can assure you, dividing by 0 is nowhere near the worst math we've seen here this week.
    LOLz!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast