Quote Originally Posted by hardin county boy View Post
i am sincere in saying, "thanks for that explanation." guess i have been slow to realize you have heard it tens of thousands of times and that explains the impatience. still not entirely convinced with all the points made and characterizations but i am making my way through the forum and I AM learning. re-looked at my original post and wish i had not given you reason to think i was claiming "all counters closed-minded jerks" but, in fairness, as other newbies observe, what i had read in the forum before posting was often impolite and often needlessly abrupt, arrogant and egotistical-----true in the archives and true today----i love the game of twenty one and want to develop advantaged play---maybe the enterprise is so darn self-absorbed that it brings out the worst in me and quite a few others---my thanks to those who have been exceptions-you are probably lifetime winners at AND away from the tables.
Hardin, I understand a lot of what you've said here, for I am new. I have one post, "Need Help w/ Investors." Although I never put counting or counters down and did not in any way claim my system to be better, I was laughed at, told to quit, and much more. There is a lot to be said for the variables you added, bet size, length of play and limitations. Often I was given examples that make my strategy look like Swiss cheese from the surface. But when adding a few variable like you mention, it looks a lot different. The 90% winner theory, that 10% of the time you lose all or most.

If nothing else, today proves something I just told a coworker the other day, "math wins all conversations." That is definitely the case here. If you don't come to the forum with the math to show an advantage, it doesn't matter what you've done at the tables. I never go into a mtg with my boss without all my numbers, %'s and totals, thus I don't know why I thought it would be different here.