Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
What you espouse has been posted on gambling forums literally tens of thousands of times, and proposed tens of millions of times over centuries. How many times can we answer the exact same nonsense with detailed answers? Particularly when your first post suggests that we are all closed-minded jerks too stubborn or foolish to look at alternatives to reality. At some point, you just give up and respond with a one or two word accurate assessment. Seriously, how many times are we to explain that 1 is not equal to 2 and perpetual motion machines do not exist?
i am sincere in saying, "thanks for that explanation." guess i have been slow to realize you have heard it tens of thousands of times and that explains the impatience. still not entirely convinced with all the points made and characterizations but i am making my way through the forum and I AM learning. re-looked at my original post and wish i had not given you reason to think i was claiming "all counters closed-minded jerks" but, in fairness, as other newbies observe, what i had read in the forum before posting was often impolite and often needlessly abrupt, arrogant and egotistical-----true in the archives and true today----i love the game of twenty one and want to develop advantaged play---maybe the enterprise is so darn self-absorbed that it brings out the worst in me and quite a few others---my thanks to those who have been exceptions-you are probably lifetime winners at AND away from the tables.