Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screwed by the Ploppy

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    That's the reason i want a very low ROR. i wouldn't care what they do as long as they play fast enough for me to win at a faster rate. i would n't care what happens when the dealer make it or not .My thinking is just pull your 20 or what ever It maybe and get it done with,so we can go on the next hand.If i am an underdog but happen to luck out so be it ,just waste make me agonize or feel emotional about it. With a very low ROR I would not feel a thing!The problem is I do not have low ROR. Between 1-7%,sometimes even a bit higher.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    I was at a hi limit table when a poppy buys in for $200. Within a half hour, he's playing 3x500. After a total play time of 1 hour, he walks with 14k. Absolutely hilarious.
    I hate that, I grind away at the tables hoping for a count so I can get some money on the table and joe smoe comes in and wins a crazy amount in a negative count.

The only way you should ever play through a minus shoe is if there is no other game and you are solo.
    Vincit Qui Patitur

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    The only way you should ever play through a minus shoe is if there is no other game and you are solo.
    It makes sense to exit on a lose rather than a win. Sometimes you play right through to the shuffle and win every hand despite a very negative count at the end. Remember each round the count falls was a positive count round as played. As long as the count keeps falling you are playing rounds with more high cards than lows. Playing through might not make sense as you place the bet but if you are leaving on a lose you can win many hands. To the EV geek you just racked up a bunch of negative EV but you just won a lot of money. If you only reduce your bet on a loss you may again be giving up more EV with a ramped bet through the negative count but you just keep winning. Sometimes the count recovers and when you lose you keep playing and never have to drop your bet despite playing through a good negative count. If you can't afford the cover you should follow Jabb's advice but if you are playing for serious money it can make sense to play through negative counts if you win every hand.

No Kidding

The only way you should ever play through a minus shoe is if there is no other game and you are solo.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Tthree View Post
    If you are relating the story right The dealer would have added the second T to his 9,2 for 21. You would have lost your bets but still had the T's coming your way on the next round and maybe another round at the end of the shoe.

Tthree, ENHC that's why he turns a 2 then a 10, if the ploppy just double down his 5-5, the dealer makes an automatic 19...

Rudy.

here's my story playing bj I'm at 3rd base dealer shows a 2 lady on first has 12 i have 13 and anchor has 12 i hit get a 8 dealer makes 18 throught out the shoe tc is neutral or -1 0r +1 so they see me hitting my 12's 13's and making hands...Guess whats next all of a sudden count get good tc+7 i got my big bet out 7 spots on the table plus dealer.
    dealers shows a 2 these 2 idiots end up with 12 and 13 everyone else is standing or doubling. low and behold they both decide to take a card taking the busts cards and busting. dealer's next cards 7 I'm like WTF ...

Quote Originally Posted by crush74 View Post
    here's my story playing bj I'm at 3rd base dealer shows a 2 lady on first has 12 i have 13 and anchor has 12 i hit get a 8 dealer makes 18 throught out the shoe tc is neutral or -1 0r +1 so they see me hitting my 12's 13's and making hands...Guess whats next all of a sudden count get good tc+7 i got my big bet out 7 spots on the table plus dealer.
    dealers shows a 2 these 2 idiots end up with 12 and 13 everyone else is standing or doubling. low and behold they both decide to take a card taking the busts cards and busting. dealer's next cards 7 I'm like WTF ...
    Okay, I'll ask. Which seat do you consider to be the anchor? With three other players at the table why were you playing only one spot at +7? Calling others idiots is a little harsh. I hope you didn't do it at the table because there is no reason to.

low and behold they both decide to take a card taking the busts cards and busting.
    The next card is not the dealer's card until all players have waived off their hands. You are using ploppy logic. I suggest you focus on the equal amount of the time that they" help you win" rather than the equal amount of time they "make you lose". As if there is such a thing. You will be much happier in the long run. The ploppy logic types always seem to notice when the way players choose to take their hits hurts them but never notices when it helps them. Not a very good way to enjoy your time at the table. When you can tell them the order the cards are coming in before you see them then maybe you have something to complain about. Until your super psychic abilities kick in, I suggest notice the wonderful flowers instead of the nasty weeds. You will be happier.

What pisses me off is when a decision is basically a coin flip and I decide in a way that causes an 8 max bet swing due to doubles and splits. That is something I actually have control of.
    Last edited by Three; 03-11-2014 at 06:29 PM.

@ pay ancor is the last spot on the table it was full only could get one spot in. anchor is the last person playing on the table before the dealer
    @ Three i argee with you trust me i dont get upset the cards are cards you dont know anything whats coming next the only thing you know is the count whats suppose to remain
    But my point was these guys didnt even play bs they would surrender 12 against a 2 stay on 14 vs dealer 7 just for perfect pairs and funny thing the people cutting the cards whatever they did most of the shoes ran in plus counts.. and what cracks me up was whenever they did something like that next round bang colored pair or perfect and there like see i knew it

Sometimes ploppies help you. Sometimes they hurt you. It is no big deal. The only time I really got screwed by a ploppy is this:

It was a bad shoe. The other three players got cleaned out and just left one by one. I also lost most of my hands. But now it is just head-to-head and I was approached the max bet. There was about half a shoe left. I estimated I could have played at least 12 hands. It is a rare golden opportunity. After I won two big hands, finally TC reached +4, I had my max bet out. Then this ploppy sat down and played two hands. Each had the table minimal $25. But what he did the unthinkable is that he hit soft 20 against 8, split a pair of two against 10, AND HIT HARD 17 against dealer low card. It is like he determined to burn all face cards in any possible way. Instead of the hopeful 10 or 11 hands, I only got playing 4 more hands since he sat down. The fourth hand is the most hurtful. Dealer up card is 5. I split to three hands and doubled two times, got to 20, 20 and 17. I was thinking at least he couldn't screw me again. I had two doubles ending up at 20. Then this guy hit his hard 13 and got 7. Twenty, not bad, right? Dealer shown the down card is 10 and pulled the next card. It is a 6. The dealer told the ploppy he owed me four grands because the dealer would have bust his hand with that seven.

I got screwed not because his plays made me lose four hands, including the last big one, but he ate up tens and shorted the session. It is the worst day of my BJ career. I had the biggest loss in one day. But I have never seen any ploppy with such a ridiculous play again.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    I got screwed not because his plays made me lose four hands, including the last big one, but he ate up tens and shorted the session. It is the worst day of my BJ career. I had the biggest loss in one day. But I have never seen any ploppy with such a ridiculous play again.
    Makes you wonder if the ploppy was a shill...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12