See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: moses

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    9,9 is better than hard 18. I had forgotten you play SD...it is also better than Soft 18.
    Thank you sir. Yes. Only singledeck 1 on 1. I'm not even a novice in multiple deck as I don't recall ever playing a single hand. Simply put, I don't believe it is worth my investment of time or money. But my hat is off to you and others willing to take on a deeper study in what is a more complex game...more power to you. My minimum bet game needed to improve because there are limitations put on large bets. You, tthree, and Flash have provided insight that has allowed the minimum game to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    This is where the side count of 8's come into play.
    I do not get why you would change the index instead of adjusting the count.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    I do not get why you would change the index instead of adjusting the count.
    It's a small concern. But now I find myself wanting to be in the best position to win every hand possible. On 12,13 vs 2,3 the 8 is a very pivotal card. For instance, suppose A-9s at +1 and 2-7s are -1. The count is even but there are still 8's remaining in the deck. I'm willing to take that risk rather than give the oppotunity to the dealer. However, suppose the count is +2 the I wouldn't want to run the risk of taking a 10 or Ace out of the deck. Again, this is a single-deck philosophy so you're only getting 6 maybe 7 rounds per shuffle. Understand, I'm not suggesting this would fly on multiple deck. You would better a much better judge than me.

Banned or Suspended

It's a small concern. But now I find myself wanting to be in the best position to win every hand possible. On 12,13 vs 2,3 the 8 is a very pivotal card. For instance, suppose A-9s at +1 and 2-7s are -1. The count is even but there are still 8's remaining in the deck. I'm willing to take that risk rather than give the oppotunity to the dealer. However, suppose the count is +2 the I wouldn't want to run the risk of taking a 10 or Ace out of the deck. Again, this is a single-deck philosophy so you're only getting 6 maybe 7 rounds per shuffle. Understand, I'm not suggesting this would fly on multiple deck. You would better a much better judge than me.
    Of course you want to win every hand. Who doesn't? But the unfortunate facts are set in stone: the dealer will (long-term) bust rate @ 28.20%, and your long-term score will be a success-rate of a miserable (around) 42%. That figure does not exactly inspire confidence, does it... Now if only the dealer had to 'go first' instead of you...

Banned or Suspended

Kat: Keyword here is possible. About 80% of the hands just don't matter what you do or don't do. However, improving on the minimum bet hands (in that 20% category) is the difference between gaining a slight advantage of 45% winnning vs 44% losing hands with regard to minimum bets. Before, I was willing to lose more minimum bets hands because I knew I could make it up and more on large bet opportunities. However, with a 1 to 5 bet spread it is for more difficult to profit.

About 80% of the hands just don't matter what you do or don't do.
    Say what?

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    Say what?
    Yes. For example. Suppose I have 14 vs dealer 10. I play the proper play and get a 5 to arrive at 19. Dealer flips over a 10 to beat me with 20. There was nothing I could do. Or suppose I have 19 against a dealer 2. He flips over a 10 and then draws a 6. I win but it wasn't because of anything I did.

Conversely, suppose I have 12 against dealers 3. I hit and get a 5 or 17. Dealer flips a 10 for 13 and draws another 10 to bust. That hand was within my control. Hitting won 17 to bust. Standing would've lost 12 to 18.

This assumes "no brainers" like hitting 9 or less and standing on 17-21.

Moses and Rainmaker are the same person living in parallel universes.
    "I think, therfore I can't play blackjack."
    Arnold Snyder, Blackbelt in Blackjack pg. 229 (2005)

Keyword: proper

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Smartpart View Post
    Keyword: proper
    Smartpart: Don't take my word for it. Play it out on Verite Blackjack.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Solo player View Post
    Moses and Rainmaker are the same person living in parallel universes.
    Rainmaker. Would you like to reply to this one? or should I?

Banned or Suspended

Soloplayer: since you are so quick with the insults....let's do this. What your name suggests. Put your money where your mouth is or shut the F*** up. I have not read one single post by you that ever offer anything constructive.
    Last edited by moses; 10-22-2013 at 08:13 AM.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Thread closed
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314