Thread: CVCX Wonging issues

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question CVCX Wonging issues

I bought CVCX recently to help me figure out optimal bet spreads for different situations but I'm experiencing a strange issue with recent calculations that don't seem to add up. I've been doing sims with the different included strategies and playing around with the wonging settings (In this sim: coming in at +2, leaving at -1, stopping observation at -25). What I've found is wildly different results primarily depending on whether I'm looking at the results with or without RSA. I included a couple screenshots below to show what I'm talking about on a Hi-Lo Lite sim with the wonging options described.

With RSA (screenshot):
    Here with a $10,000 bankroll it gives me an expected hourly win of $80.43

Without RSA (screenshot):
    With the same bankroll, it's giving me an expected hourly win of $8.10

I tried the sims with all the same settings but with Red 7 instead, and got a difference of $8/hour and over $300/hour, with and without RSA respectively. Now obviously, this doesn't make much sense given that the additional advantage given to the player from being able to re-split aces is what, around 0.1% or less? Furthermore, even if these calculations were accurate, why would Red 7 be so drastically more profitable? Isn't Hi-Lo Lite more accurate of a system? Clearly, something must be off.

Honestly I don't trust either of these calculations. What am I doing wrong here? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Norm; 08-18-2013 at 07:26 AM.