I mostly play with completely clueless dealers. However recently I have found myself in situations where the dealer obviously knew what I was doing and indicated as much. For example I played with a dealer a few weeks back that would always ask "you're going to leave now aren't you?" as soon as I lost a hand in a highly negative count or "you sure know when to bet" at the opposite. I always wonder what to do, right now I sort of play dumb.

I tip a decent % of my EV win or lose (mostly because i believe in tipping not for an edge) and am always super nice to the dealers. I have played with some that have given me incredible edges such as 40 card cuts with a look up when the house std is 1.7, early surrender (rare but its out there) advice on floor staff to watch for but on the flip side I see others that I observe immediately talking to the floor about my play right after I leave the table.

Was just wondering how to best identify and cultivate these quality two way potential relationships. I have noticed that young men and older white women are probably the most helpful but just being nice doesnt work for everyone. Furthermore how far do you push it. For example is it worth asking something like "can you cut the deck in the back, I'd like to get some extra action." or the like?